Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have advice for painful protruberent vertebrae at kyphosis???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have advice for painful protruberent vertebrae at kyphosis???

The vertebrae of my kyphosis are most prominent right at my bra line. They feel really knobby and stick out quite a bit. I can feel 3 vertebrae. They frequently ache quite a lot, especially when I sit or stand for a while.

I wear a Lidoderm 5% patch over the area and that helps some, but has anyone else had any treatment for the aching? Is there any injection that anyone has had and did that help? Ice packs and heating pads help some also, but they require me to be lying down and of course not much help when I am standing cooking dinner. Thanks! Susan
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Seems that no one had advice or my problem. I went to a new pain MD who did a thoracic medial branch block bilateral last week. The procedure was quite painful, but I did get pain relief....actually I was surprised how much it helped. I had inections of T 10, 11, and 12. Another set of tests, then hopefully a denervation.
    Susan
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection

Comment

Susan,
      I'm glad you were able to get some relief. Every little bit helps.
      Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Susan,
        Sorry no one answered your question. I have the opposite problem as you. My spine literally indents in the upper thoracic area. I'm glad you got relief, though. I hope the denervation works for you, too.
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
          Susan,
          Sorry no one answered your question. I have the opposite problem as you. My spine literally indents in the upper thoracic area. I'm glad you got relief, though. I hope the denervation works for you, too.
          I imagine that an indented spine is painful too. The denervation is for arthritis, so maybe that might help you too? Out of my expertise, but to you and others, thanks for caring. I used to feel alone on my "scoliosis/arthritis bummer of a back" journey, but I find the forum reassuring. I am better than some and worse than others.

take care, Susan

Comment

Denervation on Thursday

I am scheduled for a bilateral denervation on T10, 11, and 12 on Thursday. The medial branch block was very painful, so I am worried about the pain with the radiofrequency ablation. The sedation for the lumbar procedure was light, I think. A Silver bullet? Susan

Comment

Had the thoracic denervation

To finish the saga, I had the bilateral thoracic denervation of T10, 11, and 12 [think that's right] on the 18th of September. The denervation was VERY PAINFUL but the pain relief was worth it. It took 2 weeks to really feel the benefit, and getting on an airplane 15 hours after the procedure to Fiji didn't help! I am amazed at what a difference the procedure made! Anyone having questions about the MBB or denervation, please ask and I will email the details of what happens.
              Susan

Comment

Working...
              X