Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My surgery date has been moved up to Oct.29th!!! YES!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by susancook View Post
    Linda, You said that you are trying to keep up your strength....are you eating OK? I worry that you are in so much pain that you might go to bed instead of eating. I remember one of my doctors saying that I was a good surgical candidate because, "I didn't eat like a bird." That was a strange comment, but I believe that he was saying that sometimes, people are in so much pain that their nutrition suffers. Then, they are not as good surgical candidates. So, if you are having difficulty eating, I suggest protein shakes or small meals every 2-3 hours and nibbling on cheese/whole wheat crackers and peanut butter in celery or beef jerky, or whatever protein source you enjoy. Maybe even an adult or pregnancy multivitamin.

You DESERVE an awesome back and I love your spirit! HUGS and wishing you well. Susan
    Susan,
    Funny you should bring up eating right now. You must have ESP, as the past week I have had a terrible time with keeping food down. When a person is bent over so bad , as I am, it squashes the tummy up and pushes the food out. I have had stomach problems most my adult life anyway. It led to ulcers that wouldn't heal ~~~which led to major surgery in 2009 to revise a gastronectomy that removed a chronic ulcer in 2003. It then caused the main hole to close too tight,that food dumps into, thus the revision surgery to open the hole wider so food could pass easier took place. For a year I hadn't eaten anything (2008). But anyway, now it's because of this saggital imbalance that food won't stay down. So I am drinking boost, and taking vitamins. I am tying very hard to build myself up for this surgery. Thanks for your sincere concern my dear. I appreciate all the support I can get. I am leaving for my pre-op Monday. It takes place at Washington University in St Louis the 19th. Then back to So. Dak. And surgery Oct. 29th.in St. Louis. I hope nothing stops it. I'm sure all will be fine. How are you doing? Pain level still a problem? Oh, I want you to keep me posted too, and let me know what you decide in the future. Take good care of you~~~and hope the pain is under control. Best to you, Linda. PS I hope I didn't repeat myseof of too much about some of this stuff
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Originally posted by babyboomer16 View Post
      Susan,
      Funny you should bring up eating right now. You must have ESP, as the past week I have had a terrible time with keeping food down. When a person is bent over so bad , as I am, it squashes the tummy up and pushes the food out. I have had stomach problems most my adult life anyway. It led to ulcers that wouldn't heal ~~~which led to major surgery in 2009 to revise a gastronectomy that removed a chronic ulcer in 2003. It then caused the main hole to close too tight,that food dumps into, thus the revision surgery to open the hole wider so food could pass easier took place. For a year I hadn't eaten anything (2008). But anyway, now it's because of this saggital imbalance that food won't stay down. So I am drinking boost, and taking vitamins. I am tying very hard to build myself up for this surgery. Thanks for your sincere concern my dear. I appreciate all the support I can get. I am leaving for my pre-op Monday. It takes place at Washington University in St Louis the 19th. Then back to So. Dak. And surgery Oct. 29th.in St. Louis. I hope nothing stops it. I'm sure all will be fine. How are you doing? Pain level still a problem? Oh, I want you to keep me posted too, and let me know what you decide in the future. Take good care of you~~~and hope the pain is under control. Best to you, Linda. PS I hope I didn't repeat myseof of too much about some of this stuff
      Oh Linda, You deserve a break! I am fine and after 3 procedures in the next few days, I should be wonderful! So sorry about your food problem! I am concerned and you are in my thoughts and prayers! Soon you will be so-o-o-o-o-o much better. Make sure that you tell your doctor what you are eating so that they don't give you a cheese burger as your first food! Ease into it. Best of luck on your pre-op. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! HUGS, ever so gently, Your twisted sister, Susan
      Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
      2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
      2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
      2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
      2018: Removal L4,5 screw
      2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Working...
      X