Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My surgery date has been moved up to Oct.29th!!! YES!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My surgery date has been moved up to Oct.29th!!! YES!!!

Hi everyone! I was scheduled for my surgery Feb.18th, 2013. And I really felt so privileged to have a chance with Dr.Lenke to get fixed, I hated to complain. But I am so excited about this latest news about moving me up to Oct. 29th, I'm reeling!!! I am getting pretty run down. Pain alone will do that. Anyway, just wanted to share this with you all. I will be checking in as soon as it gets closer. Time will go fast now! I am so glad this place is here! Thinking of you all with warm thoughts! Linda.
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

That's wonderful news! I know how you're hanging out for this surgery.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

That's great news, Boomer! Pain is VERY wearing on a person. From what I understand, only a few even qualify to see Dr. Lenke and you are in the best hands. Even though I'm not in your shoes, I'll try to be here and be as supportive as I can. Take care.

Rohrer01
      Last edited by rohrer01; 08-04-2012, 03:57 PM. Reason: Pain not "Paid"...silly typo
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

What great news. Time will go quickly by now
        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

I am so excited & scared!!

Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
          What great news. Time will go quickly by now
          You know what it's like to go through this several times. And because I've been through two very big surgeries, I am naturally a bit nervous. But I have read a lot of your posts, and I hold you very high on my list of strong people. You have truly been an inspiration to a lot of us . God Bless You and keep you healing!
          Warm thoughts, Linda
          Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
          May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

Hi Linda,

It must be comforting to know that you will be in such good hands this time. I'm sure the time will fly. Good luck!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
            Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
            Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
            Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
            Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

That's great news, Linda. I'm glad you don't have to wait too much longer.
              Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
              Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
              70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
              Rib Hump-GONE!
              Age-60 at the time of surgery
              Now 66
              Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
              Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
              Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
              Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
              tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
              http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Totally awesome!!! I am so pleased for you! Not much longer and your walker will go into a garage sale!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!
                Susan
                Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Linda--
                  I was so happy to come on here and see your news. That's just terrific! You will do great. So glad the wait is shortened. Best wishes. Janet
                  Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                  Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                  Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                  Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                  T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Thank! Thanks! All of you!!

I am still in shock I think. And I truley am feeling blessed today!! To have this place to come to is so comforting. I can truthfully say this isn't any too soon. I am in lots of pain,but I'm trying to focus on the afterwards~~~ and how good it will feel to have my ribs off my pelvic bone. I am drinking boost, as I am compromised when it comes to eating food. My tummy is smashed someplace in there, and not letting me keep much down. So many complication, as you all know. So here's to Oct. 29th. I will be checking in here quite often now. So get used to me(smiles). Hope you are all having a "good" day. I know some are in more pain, and my heart goes out to you. Prayers for all~~~Linda
                    May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

Linda,
                      I was just reading your signature. How awful! All of this started with a lumbar fusion with NO scoliosis present? Wow! I'm curious as to how your ribs could possibly be on your hips with instrumentation all the way up to T4? Do you have broken rods? I'm so sorry your first surgeons did such horrible jobs and left you in so much pain. At least you "know" what kind of pain to expect post-op. Just think, you'll be on your way to feeling better in no time. I'm sure it will fly by as you try to get things in order for your surgery. Keep drinking those nutritional shakes and get as healthy as you can. My heart goes out to you! ((((HUGS))))
                      Be happy!
                      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                      but we are alive today!

Comment

Great news Linda. It won't be long now.
                        Sally
                        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                          Linda,
                          I was just reading your signature. How awful! All of this started with a lumbar fusion with NO scoliosis present? Wow! I'm curious as to how your ribs could possibly be on your hips with instrumentation all the way up to T4? Do you have broken rods? I'm so sorry your first surgeons did such horrible jobs and left you in so much pain. At least you "know" what kind of pain to expect post-op. Just think, you'll be on your way to feeling better in no time. I'm sure it will fly by as you try to get things in order for your surgery. Keep drinking those nutritional shakes and get as healthy as you can. My heart goes out to you! ((((HUGS))))
                          Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness rohrer01!! I didn't fuse in my lumber area after fusing me from T4 to my pelvis.It just collapsed !! The surgeons didn't reinforce me from the front in the L3/4 L4/5 area. I think it was just lack of experience. Anyway, I have much confidence in Dr. Lenke to fix this. I am trying to keep up my strength, but it gets hard at times. Oct.29th can't get here soon enough! I 'll stay in touch ~~~
                          Warmly,Linda
                          May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

Linda i just wanted to wish you good luck
                            Kara
                            Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
                            Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
                            T4-L2
                            Before 50T
                            After 20T

Comment

Keep up your strength

Linda, You said that you are trying to keep up your strength....are you eating OK? I worry that you are in so much pain that you might go to bed instead of eating. I remember one of my doctors saying that I was a good surgical candidate because, "I didn't eat like a bird." That was a strange comment, but I believe that he was saying that sometimes, people are in so much pain that their nutrition suffers. Then, they are not as good surgical candidates. So, if you are having difficulty eating, I suggest protein shakes or small meals every 2-3 hours and nibbling on cheese/whole wheat crackers and peanut butter in celery or beef jerky, or whatever protein source you enjoy. Maybe even an adult or pregnancy multivitamin.

You DESERVE an awesome back and I love your spirit! HUGS and wishing you well. Susan
                              Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                              2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                              2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                              2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                              2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                              2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Working...
                              X