One week post op for Jenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenna,
    I know you had a tough three weeks, but you sound so happy now. I know we don't do this for cosmetic reasons, however, it's so nice to be straight and not self-conscious. Walk as much as you can, even if it's short frequent walks. Isn't it a great feeling to be "on the other side"? Even though it's a tough recovery, it's not as stressful as the presurgery wait.
    Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

I want to second what Karen said - even though nobody does it for cosmetic reasons, they are such a huge benefit. Jenna, are you looking forward to shopping for a new clothes after you feel better? Tight tops, dresses, anything ? :-)
      I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
      45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
      A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Great news Jenna...you did it! Congratulations!

Hang in there, things will get better soon.

Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Jenna,

Glad to hear you are making good progress and sounding so happy! Can't wait to see you "after" xrays!

Best,
          Evelyn
          age 48
          80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
          Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
          Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
          Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
          Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Hi guys
            Ye it feels so good to be on the otherside!i feel so good to be so much straighter but its also so good to look in a mirror an cosmetically feel happy. I never thought I could feel so good apart from the post surgery pain that is
            Yes irine I cant wait to go shopping but im sure if you spoke to my boyfriend or mum they would say I dont need any excuse to buy shoes but it will be nice to want to buy clothes!
            x
            27 yr old Female.
            Scoliosis since 12yrs, fusion to lower curve in 1998, costioplast 2001 and further corrective surgery 26 July 2012.
            Now the proud owner of a very straight spine. T1- L5 fusion.
            Mr Dunsmuir, Orthopaedic Surgeon, LGI Leeds.

Comment

Jenna I am so so happy for you, you actually bought tears to my eyes. Wow its all over. I have been around not posting much, but keeping a very close eye on things. I, all those years ago had to wear a cast for 6 months, 3 months out of hospital only told you that as when I got it off a few knitting needles fell out as well, that was me scratching an itch or trying too,lol. I wish you all the very best anyone can offer, its up and away now honey, baby steps though.

Sending lots of scoli light and love

Lorraine.
              Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
              Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

Hi lorraine,
                How are you?what are you doing to manage your pain at the moment?
                Yes your right,baby steps for now.i can feel the cast gettin a little looser each time I put it on so its a bit more comfortable.hopefully thats the swelling going down.shame the cast doesnt look a little better but maybe with good old English weather il be able to wear big jumpers or cardigans to cover it a bit.
                X
                27 yr old Female.
                Scoliosis since 12yrs, fusion to lower curve in 1998, costioplast 2001 and further corrective surgery 26 July 2012.

Comment

you're amazing

I'm so so happy for you!!! I will send you an email soon. Just am pretty wiped out from day today. Took a shower for the first time, with ALOT of help, but it wiped me out.
                  It brought tears to my eyes when I read how happy you were when you saw your straight spine... There is a whole new world out there for you to experience with your new height! Same great person, awesome new spine!!!
                  Cheering you on!!! every step of the way!!!
                  -hugsxoxoxo

Comment

Originally posted by king14 View Post
                    I'm so so happy for you!!! I will send you an email soon. Just am pretty wiped out from day today. Took a shower for the first time, with ALOT of help, but it wiped me out.
                    It brought tears to my eyes when I read how happy you were when you saw your straight spine... There is a whole new world out there for you to experience with your new height! Same great person, awesome new spine!!!
                    Cheering you on!!! every step of the way!!!
                    -hugsxoxoxo
                    Hey you,
                    I know the feeling,it really goes wipe you out but on the other hand you feel clean and its an achievement in itself.i hope they are managing your pain.
                    Im sure when you start feeling yourself you'll feel just like me.its so good feeling and looking straight,finally having a waist and being taller!i still cant wait to be able to get my heels on though
                    Ye message me here or email me when you're up to it.
                    Cheering you on too and sending you get well hugs xx
                    27 yr old Female.

Comment

Working...
                    X