Jenna surgery at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenna surgery at last

Hello to all you nice people that have been waiting with fingers crossed for Jenna to have surgery. Jenna is now on HDU after having surgery, she is doing well and the surgeons are happy with the result, exact correction has yet to be confirmed but what I will say is she may need a new wardrobe of cloths lol a small price to pay for such a brave little lady.As a mum I cannont thank you all enough for helping all my family find are way out of this very dark place we have found are self in, as Jenna has said the surgeons have been amazing angels/ magicians as she put it angels for making her wish come true and magicians for doing it with boxing gloves on. Lets pray that the people that can change this remove the boxing gloves soon and let these angels get on with what they do best.

Jenns Mum xx
    27 yr old Female.
    Scoliosis since 12yrs, fusion to lower curve in 1998, costioplast 2001 and further corrective surgery 26 July 2012.
    Now the proud owner of a very straight spine. T1- L5 fusion.
    Mr Dunsmuir, Orthopaedic Surgeon, LGI Leeds.

Hi Jenn's Mum. Thank you for updating us about Jenna. Very happy to hear the surgery is over. Is she comfortable? I hope they are looking after her well, Wishing her a smooth ride to recovery.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Thanks for posting for Jenna. Now, she can proceed with her healing and the recovery process.
      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
      Rib Hump-GONE!
      Age-60 at the time of surgery
      Now 66
      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Thanks Jenna's mum. I am glad that she came thru OK and now is on the otherside
        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Glad to hear she made it through the surgery. I hope she has a smooth recovery.
          Sally
          Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
          Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
          Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
          Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
          New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
          Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

I'm so happy to hear that Jenna has finally had her surgery! I was a little worried when she said she could get bumped out of line last minute if an emergency came in. Whew! I hope her pain is under control and she has a smooth recovery. I would wish her an easy recovery, but I know that with a surgery of this magnitude, "easy" isn't even in the vocabulary. She's a brave woman and has been through a lot. I hope this is the end of ever having surgery again, so she can get on with the business of living. She's been a very encouraging addition to the forum! Thanks so much for the update! =)
            Be happy!
            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
            but we are alive today!

Comment

Thx for the update. Jenna is very brave....and a great poster! Tell her Ti-Ed says Hi, and to hang in there....

Ed
              49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
              Pre surgery curves T70,L70
              ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
              Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Great to hear that Jenna has finally found some help.
                Gentle hugs and hoping for a great correction,
                Susan
                Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Working...
                X