Just thought I'd say "hi"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thought I'd say "hi"

Just thought I'd say "hi" to all of you that have helped me through the last few years. I wonder how y'all are doing and hope that life is treating all my friends well. I haven't been on-line for about a year but wanted to check back in. This site was a lifesaver when I was going through all the stresses of pre and post op.

So, "hi" y'all

Always Smilin'

Always Smilin'
    Colleen

1982 fused T2-L1
    pre op 45 - post op 33 (left thoracic)
    pre op 53 - post op 18 (right thoracic)

recheck 2006
    right thoracic 57
    lower lumbar 34

surgical revision April 28,2009
    revision T3-L1; new fusion L1-L4
    unsure of degrees at this point

Colleeen--
    Good to hear from you! Your revision was just soon after my surgery. Hope you are doing well. I'm basically OK just dealing with some weird pain on left bottom side of my back/hip the last couple weeks that I can't figure out. It seems about every 4 months or so I get something that lasts a few weeks and then fades away--thankfully. But at the time I always imagine something is out of whack somehow. Take care. Janet
    Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
    Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
    Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
    Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
    T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Originally posted by Doodles View Post
      Colleeen--
      Good to hear from you! Your revision was just soon after my surgery. Hope you are doing well. I'm basically OK just dealing with some weird pain on left bottom side of my back/hip the last couple weeks that I can't figure out. It seems about every 4 months or so I get something that lasts a few weeks and then fades away--thankfully. But at the time I always imagine something is out of whack somehow. Take care. Janet

I have adjusted to my "new" life. I still don't have feeling on my left side and am pretty awkward (compared to my "norm" he he) with a stiff neck...but I'm living life. I think, Janet, that we're just used to being out of whack It's nice to hear from you!

Always Smilin'
      Colleen

1982 fused T2-L1
      pre op 45 - post op 33 (left thoracic)
      pre op 53 - post op 18 (right thoracic)

recheck 2006
      right thoracic 57
      lower lumbar 34

surgical revision April 28,2009
      revision T3-L1; new fusion L1-L4
      unsure of degrees at this point

Comment

It's good to hear from you Colleen. I am hanging in dealing with issues related to the aging process. I have some degeneration in the disc above my fusion, but I keep on dancing. I do line dancing and zumba. Zumba is great for loosening up stiff muscles. I was a little afraid at first and could do very little, but was amazed at how much better I feel after only one month of doing it twice a week.
        Stay strong.
        Sally
        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Hello Colleen, good to hear from you. How are you these days? Has time helped fix some of your pain?
          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
          X