Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kind of memory foam? Surgery Aug 8, Lord willing, w/ Dr. Lenke.Also, other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of memory foam? Surgery Aug 8, Lord willing, w/ Dr. Lenke.Also, other questions

Should I get twin size for the motel stay as well as king size for home? How thick? What brand? From where? All you Lenke-patients: what else do I need besides the scoliosis kit that they give you? I have the raised toilet seat and a shower stool, but that's all so far. I would really appreciate your help. My surgery changed from January, 2013 to next month! (assuming pre-op goes well).Does it usually? I don't want to take anything for granted! Also, would appreciate advice about where my husband should stay during the surgery week and afterwards. So far I've heard Parkway Hotel and Barnes Lodge. Any other ideas?

Parkway hotel

Hi Amelot,
    When I had my surgery last year, my husband stayed at the Parkway Hotel during my entire hospital stay. It was so convenient for him to just walk over to the hospital without the hassle of traffic. Plus the $5/day parking is reasonable too. Just be sure to mention that you will be a patient at Barnes and they will give you that affiliation rate. Best of luck to you!
    Donna
    Female - 49 yrs old at surgery
    Surgery 5/5/11 - Dr. Bridwell, St. Louis
    Fused T3-L3
    60 degree thoracic curve corrected to 30 degrees
    Tennis player & returning to the courts!
    http://s1050.photobucket.com/profile/walkingmom1/index

Comment

I bought and borrowed extra "grabbers" and had one in almost every room. We live close to St. Louis so I can't help you as far as recommendations of places for your husband to stay. I have heard that people are happy with the Parkway Hotel. Good luck! Dr. Lenke is my hero!
      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
      Rib Hump-GONE!
      Age-60 at the time of surgery
      Now 66
      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Working...
      X