Advice about Chiari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
    Por favor, trate de ser mucho más escéptica.
    Ciertamente, yo no estoy seguro acerca de nada.. fuera de eso.
    Mi escepticismo no es solo acerca de lo que puede ser, sino también acerca de lo que no puede ser.

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
      Burdle

Did someone diagnose you with Chiari?

Ed
      No- I have just come accross the 'condition' and am just worried. I am currently not planning to have surgery on my scoliosis but am being monitored.

Comment

As I know, it may be diagnosed with an MRi.

Comment

Well, I wouldn’t let it concern you....It makes no sense worrying about something that isn’t.

Its good that you are monitoring your curves....

Hang in there.....deep breaths now. I am a believer in HOT baths for relaxation, it’s the easiest way to get some relief.

Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Well, I wouldn’t let it concern you....It makes no sense worrying about something that isn’t.

Hang in there.....deep breaths now. I am a believer in HOT baths for relaxation, it’s the easiest way to get some relief.

Ed
            I am only being monitored in the sense that I have regular xrays on my spine to for progression. So I am worryong about something that could be without knowing how to get any answers.

I have never mentioned this extra symptoms as I did not immediately connect them with scoliosis but I have not had my head and neck done in an MRI (despite a cervical curve).

I am not due to see my consultant till later in the year - i just see someone in the interim for pain management.

I have found that with scoliosis you have to do all the work yourself- its no good waiting for someone to ask you if you have symptoms etc.

Comment

Ed
              I am only being monitored in the sense that I have regular xrays on my spine to for progression. So I am worryong about something that could be without knowing how to get any answers.

I have never mentioned this extra symptoms as I did not immediately connect them with scoliosis but I have not had my head and neck done in an MRI (despite a cervical curve).

I am not due to see my consultant till later in the year - i just see someone in the interim for pain management.

I have found that with scoliosis you have to do all the work yourself- its no good waiting for someone to ask you if you have symptoms etc.

Comment

Originally posted by burdle View Post
                I have found that with scoliosis you have to do all the work yourself-
                Something really hard..
                I have heard about other diseases with similar symptoms, but it seems that Drs. only give them a name.. anyway I believe that a neurosurgeon (not only a neurologist, not only a surgeon) may help you to know the name of your problem and it may be the beginning of a solution.

Comment

Working...
                X