Thread: Boston Spinal Surgeons

Boston Spinal Surgeons

Hi,

I'll be needing surgury for my scoliosis soon and I'm looking for a really good surgeon in the Boston area. My curve it at 45 degrees and has increased 9 degrees in the last year. I'm 23 and currently seeing another doctor in Worcester, but would like to get a second opinion, and have the procedure done in Boston. Does anyone have any good/bad feedback/suggestions for surgeons in the greater Boston area? I've never had to have surgury on anything, so I'm very nervous..

Please help

Hi...

Try Paul Glazer or Frank Rand. They both have good reputations.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Dilbert
    I'm sarcastic... what's your super power? --Unknown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you've signed up and are having trouble posting, please check your spam folder. An email was sent to the email address which you subscribed. You have to follow the instructions in that email. Done that and still having trouble posting? Contact Joe O'Brien at jpobrien@scoliosis.org.

Dr. Wood at mass general

Hi- some friends recommended Dr. Kirkham Wood- at Mass General- Is anyone familiar with him?