• Show
Clear All

Susan,

I sent you a private message.
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post

i have a lawn chair that tilts back just enough, feels good...
      anything that takes the pressure of gravity off the spine feels good...

jess...& Sparky
      I went through a period several years ago when I couldn't tolerate lying down, I got one of the "zero-gravity" lawn chairs and slept in it for two years. Then I was okay for a couple of years, now I'm back to not being able to sleep with weight on my spine due to pain, but we've moved into a condo and I don't have a place for one of those chairs in our bedroom. I'm thinking about making room somewhere, decor be dinged.

I could never use those exercise balls either, increased my pain, also cannot tolerate massage. Maybe because of my EDS. Just riles my back up.

Deb - aged 66 - scoliosis from polio at 11 treated with physio/chiropractic/bracing but idiopathic runs in family (mother, uncle, cousins) also Ehlers-Danlos so hypermobility complicates things.

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post

These are "probably" all bad habits that aren't good for us. But when you hurt you'll do almost anything to make it better.
        If they are bad habits, they can’t be too bad since it was something I did for decades on a regular basis. My Chiro’s kept me loose for skiing all those years. I also did quite a bit of stretching.

Funny how after you are fused, there is no need or desire to crack things anymore. All my pre surgical aches are completely gone.

Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
          If they are bad habits, they can’t be too bad since it was something I did for decades on a regular basis. My Chiro’s kept me loose for skiing all those years. I also did quite a bit of stretching.

Funny how after you are fused, there is no need or desire to crack things anymore. All my pre surgical aches are completely gone.

Ed
          Some areas stopped cracking until the chiro loosened them up. Now they crack and my spine also got worse. I still feel the desperate need to crack my neck, but can't. It just won't. The last few times I went to the chiro to have her do it, I got horrible electric shooting pain down both arms all the way to my fingertips. I thought lightening bolts were going to shoot out of my fingers! LOL ...I took that as a clue to stop going for my neck. I don't need any superpowers!
          Be happy!
          We don't know what tomorrow brings,
          but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
          X