"Girl" question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Girl" question

Mandy is 2 years post op and doing fine but we have noticed, at age 14, that one breast is quite larger than the other. It does correspond to her rib hump. The smaller one is on the side with the more pronounced rib hump...... Anyone else noticed this or is this something we need to discuss with a Gyn? Thanks!!
    "With God All Things Are Possible"
    Mom to Mandy,age 11, surgery on Jan 14,2010
    to correct 51 degree T and 63 degree L curvatures.

Hi! I am a Nurse Practitioner and first of all reassure your daughter that there are LOTS of women with unequal sized breasts. I cannot think of any physiological reason why in someone w/ sciolisis that one breast would be smaller, but there may be something there in growth with the curve. As a practitioner, I would want to make sure that the larger breast is just more breast tissue than the smaller one and that there isn't a cyst or mass that is making it larger. A good exam should verify that pretty much or an ultrasound of the breast if there is any question.
    Susan Green Cooksey
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

this is actually seen fairly often in girls/women with scoli....
      and this has been discussed on forum before...you might be able to find it with a search

jess
      Last edited by jrnyc; 05-14-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Here are a few study references:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18701363
        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20383498
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

This was my exact case, as I was a C cup on one side and an A cup on the other... My family has a history of one breast being larger than the other, but not to the extent that I have. Also, none of them have scoliosis.... But I think it's fairly common. GL

Comment

I had that problem

Then I got the surgery and they evened out

Comment

Working...
            X