Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any reference for spinal surgery at Miami Children Hospital with John Asghar MD

Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    Well you certainly seem to be on track for pre-med and med school. Keep up the good work. :-)
    Thank you Sharon! My parents always told me education should be your top priority right now.
    "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have."~Bob Marley

“There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.”~Harry Crews

3+ years post op
    Fused T4-L1
    Pre-op curve: 64*
    Now no more than 15*

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
    Hello, we rencently moved to US from México and are living in Florida. Here we have two opinions for surgery treatment for the scolisis of our doughter. The one preferred for us is at Miami Children Hospital in Miami with John Asghar and Harry Sufflebarger. Please we appretiate any reference of this doctors and Hospital. The other opinion was in Tampa Shriner Hospital with doctor Kronen.

Best luck to everyone
    Hello Carlos,

I had spinal surgery last May with Dr. Nathan Lebwohl who is in Miami. Dr. Lebwohl is the Chief of Spinal Deformity for the University of Miami Medical Center and practices at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Dr. Lebwohl is an excellent surgeon and I am very pleased with my surgery and recovery process.

Dr. Shufflebarger was originally recommended to me but he does children so I was then referred to Dr. Lebwohl. You may want to see if Dr. Lebwohl also does children and get a second opinion if you haven't already. I believe in getting second and third opinions on surgeries of this magnitude.

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can email me at scoliosisinbrevard@gmail.com.

Marjorie

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckett View Post
    Hello Carlos,

I had spinal surgery last May with Dr. Nathan Lebwohl who is in Miami. Dr. Lebwohl is the Chief of Spinal Deformity for the University of Miami Medical Center and practices at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Dr. Lebwohl is an excellent surgeon and I am very pleased with my surgery and recovery process.

Dr. Shufflebarger was originally recommended to me but he does children so I was then referred to Dr. Lebwohl. You may want to see if Dr. Lebwohl also does children and get a second opinion if you haven't already. I believe in getting second and third opinions on surgeries of this magnitude.

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can email me at scoliosisinbrevard@gmail.com.

Marjorie

He was my second opinion. He's a nice man. He convinced my mom that surgery was necessary. If my surgeon wouldn't do my surgery then he woul have.
    Last edited by Kat3573; 05-21-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have."~Bob Marley

“There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.”~Harry Crews

3+ years post op
    Fused T4-L1
    Now no more than 15*

Good luck with your daughters surgery on Friday! Let us know how it goes!
    Last edited by Kat3573; 05-21-2013 at 09:29 PM.

3+ years post op
    Fused T4-L1
    Now no more than 15*

Good luck with the surgery! I'm sure she will be fine!

3+ years post op
    Fused T4-L1
    Now no more than 15*