Thread: Dr. Robert Hart at OHSU

Dr. Robert Hart at OHSU

I have seen Dr. Hart for 2 visits and see him again tomorrow for a followup. If you have had surgery with him, please send your comments. Also, what did you think about the care at OHSU? How did Dr. Hart interact with the residents and fellows? How often did you see him or one of his wingmen?
    Dxed 8/2011: Degenerative Adult-Onset Scoliosis age 65
    XRAY 1/2012: 25* T levoscoliosis/ 36* L dexroscoliosis w/ 4.1 cm coronal & 3.5 cm sagittal balance
    XRAY: 12/2012: Scoliosis curve same, Coronal Balance increased to 11.2 cm. T kyphosis 90 degrees
    Severe disc degeneration thoracic & lumbar, stenosis esp L4
    Surgery: T3 to S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 in 2 surgeries,
    19 & 22 March 2013, Dr. Serena Hu @ UCSF
    Postop incisional hernia @ ALIF incision, repaired 3/2014

I recently came across your thread querying patient experience with Dr. Hart. I'm beginning the process of looking for a surgeon to treat my spine ( fairly sever scioliosis in a 66YO MALE) and have consulted with Dr. Hart. I was wondering if you had been able to glean more information about his skills either from your own experience or from other patients with whom you have communicated.

mark

Quote Originally Posted by mkatz View Post
    I recently came across your thread querying patient experience with Dr. Hart. I'm beginning the process of looking for a surgeon to treat my spine ( fairly sever scioliosis in a 66YO MALE) and have consulted with Dr. Hart. I was wondering if you had been able to glean more information about his skills either from your own experience or from other patients with whom you have communicated.

mark
    Hi there Mark, I sent an answer in your other posting. I had my surgery at 66. You can check out my posting under first surgery and Dr. Hu March 19 and 22, 2013.... Or something like that. I am about 9 months out from surgery now. If you. Want to get together for coffee, send me a PM. I now live in both Washington and Oregon.

Susan
    Dxed 8/2011: Degenerative Adult-Onset Scoliosis age 65
    XRAY 1/2012: 25* T levoscoliosis/ 36* L dexroscoliosis w/ 4.1 cm coronal & 3.5 cm sagittal balance
    XRAY: 12/2012: Scoliosis curve same, Coronal Balance increased to 11.2 cm. T kyphosis 90 degrees
    Severe disc degeneration thoracic & lumbar, stenosis esp L4
    Surgery: T3 to S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 in 2 surgeries,
    19 & 22 March 2013, Dr. Serena Hu @ UCSF
    Postop incisional hernia @ ALIF incision, repaired 3/2014