Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery tomorrow

Hi everyone,

I know I haven't been on here too long but I feel so much support from this group.

Tomorrow is my surgery (T5-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation). My mom and boyfriend are with me...we are currently on the Megabus heading to NYC from Pittsburgh!

I am no stranger to back surgeries, but this one has me freaked out. I hope the surgeons (Dr Angevine and Dr Vitale) can give me some pain relief.

Please send us all some good vibes and prayers...especially to my family who has been through so much with me. I will try to post after!

Lindsay

Best of luck Lindsay!
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

We'll be barracking for you Lindsay! Wishing you the best outcome and the smoothest of recoveries.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Here's some good vibes coming your way! Have a smooth recovery.

Rohrer01
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

Hope it all works out for you. Best of everything for you. How are you getting home? I hope not on the bus?
          Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Thanks everyone!

No, no bus, LOL. Flying, first class I think because of the extra room. I hope I can plan for that soon - I think I will be pretty anxious to get home!

Thanks,

Lindsay

Comment

Lindsay--
              I'll be thinking of you and your family. Positive thoughts and prayers are headed your way. Best Wishes too. Janet
              Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
              Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
              Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
              Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
              T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Hi Lindsay,

I'd say good luck but your surgery will all be done now. Hope you are having a speedy recovery and can see and feel the improvements already.

Hope you can let everyone know how you are doing soon.

Keep strong and take care
                27 yr old Female.
                Scoliosis since 12yrs, fusion to lower curve in 1998, costioplast 2001 and further corrective surgery 26 July 2012.
                Now the proud owner of a very straight spine. T1- L5 fusion.
                Mr Dunsmuir, Orthopaedic Surgeon, LGI Leeds.

Comment

Hi Lindsay

I'd say good luck but your surgery will be all done now. Hope you are recovering well and you can see and feel the improvements already.

Hope you can update everyone on your recovery soon.

Keep strong and take care.
                  27 yr old Female.
                  Scoliosis since 12yrs, fusion to lower curve in 1998, costioplast 2001 and further corrective surgery 26 July 2012.
                  Now the proud owner of a very straight spine. T1- L5 fusion.
                  Mr Dunsmuir, Orthopaedic Surgeon, LGI Leeds.

Comment

You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!! Thanks for letting us know and keep us posted on how you are doing. There is a great community of scoliosis people who know what you are going through. We know the good and the bad, so don't be afraid to post both. This is a great time to have surgery because the weather is so wonderful! Where are you located?

Hugs to you,
                    Susan
                    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Working...
                    X