Thread: Surgery tomorrow

Surgery tomorrow

Hi everyone,

I know I haven't been on here too long but I feel so much support from this group.

Tomorrow is my surgery (T5-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation). My mom and boyfriend are with me...we are currently on the Megabus heading to NYC from Pittsburgh!

I am no stranger to back surgeries, but this one has me freaked out. I hope the surgeons (Dr Angevine and Dr Vitale) can give me some pain relief.

Please send us all some good vibes and prayers...especially to my family who has been through so much with me. I will try to post after!

Lindsay

Best of luck Lindsay!
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Dilbert
    I'm sarcastic... what's your super power? --Unknown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you've signed up and are having trouble posting, please check your spam folder. An email was sent to the email address which you subscribed. You have to follow the instructions in that email. Done that and still having trouble posting? Contact Joe O'Brien at jpobrien@scoliosis.org.

We'll be barracking for you Lindsay! Wishing you the best outcome and the smoothest of recoveries.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Here's some good vibes coming your way! Have a smooth recovery.

Rohrer01
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Hope it all works out for you. Best of everything for you. How are you getting home? I hope not on the bus?
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

December 8, 2014 - Another Broken Rod Surgery

Thanks everyone!

No, no bus, LOL. Flying, first class I think because of the extra room. I hope I can plan for that soon - I think I will be pretty anxious to get home!

Thanks,

Lindsay

Lindsay--
    I'll be thinking of you and your family. Positive thoughts and prayers are headed your way. Best Wishes too. Janet
    Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
    Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
    Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
    Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
    T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Hi Lindsay,

I'd say good luck but your surgery will all be done now. Hope you are having a speedy recovery and can see and feel the improvements already.

Hope you can let everyone know how you are doing soon.

Keep strong and take care
    27 yr old Female.
    Scoliosis since 12yrs, fusion to lower curve in 1998, costioplast 2001 and further corrective surgery 26 July 2012.
    Now the proud owner of a very straight spine. T1- L5 fusion.
    Mr Dunsmuir, Orthopaedic Surgeon, LGI Leeds.

Hi Lindsay

I'd say good luck but your surgery will be all done now. Hope you are recovering well and you can see and feel the improvements already.

Hope you can update everyone on your recovery soon.

Keep strong and take care.
    27 yr old Female.
    Scoliosis since 12yrs, fusion to lower curve in 1998, costioplast 2001 and further corrective surgery 26 July 2012.
    Now the proud owner of a very straight spine. T1- L5 fusion.
    Mr Dunsmuir, Orthopaedic Surgeon, LGI Leeds.

You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!! Thanks for letting us know and keep us posted on how you are doing. There is a great community of scoliosis people who know what you are going through. We know the good and the bad, so don't be afraid to post both. This is a great time to have surgery because the weather is so wonderful! Where are you located?

Hugs to you,
    Susan
    Adult Onset Degenerative Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Severe disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 in 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal surgery for Spinal Cord Injury at T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Revision Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone + prayer