Surgery this Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister friend,

I did not bring a laptop, but I did bring my iPad and my husband posted updates on the forum while I was unable. The only items I brought to hospital were clothes that I wore in and a toothbrush and facial cleansing items. My husband stayed at Barnes Lodge within a few blocks of the hospital and walked back and forth every night. I was in the hospital approximately one week and then stayed at the lodge another week before leaving St. Louis. I never had any rehabilitation services....only a couple of physical therapy visits in the hospital teaching me to use the spine kit which included the grabber and a sock device and a couple other items that I have no idea what they are for or how to use them. Hope I answered your questions. If not feel free to ask again. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery. Who is your surgeon??

Pam
    Pam, age 49
    Thoracolumbar curves 80 and 40 corrected to 20 degrees
    April 20, 2012 surgery with Dr. Lenke
    T-3 to sacrum

Comment

• Sister Friend,
      I have to say that I am jealous that your time is soon! I can not wait to have my spine corrected and to ease the pain. I go in exactly one week to set the date. Good luck! I will be praying for you.

Tamena
      34 years
      Double curve
      Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

• Surgery November 8 th

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I will be having surgery next week, November 8th, with Dr. Brian
        O'Shaughnessy to look at the nerve root area, L - 3 to sacrum, and hopefully locate a bone fragment or pinched nerve,etc., the source of my unbearable pain. It will be done at Baptist Hospital in Nashville. I should just be in the hospital a couple of days and hopefully a shorter recovery than my previous fusion surgery in April.
        Pam, age 49
        T-3 to sacrum

Comment

• Hi Pam,

Best of luck to you. I hope your doctor will be able to find the source of pain and fix it.
          I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
          45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
          A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

• Best of luck, Pam. I'm so sorry you have been in so much pain. I hope that this surgery will take care of the pain so that you can continue with your recovery.
            Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
            Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
            70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
            Rib Hump-GONE!
            Age-60 at the time of surgery
            Now 66
            Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
            Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
            Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
            Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
            tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
            http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

• Thank you Karen and Irina.
              Pam, age 49
              T-3 to sacrum

Comment

• Good luck Pam! I will be praying. Expect some ups and downs, but we are strng! Look how,long we have dealt with pain to start. Recovery will be worth it, and I say that for the both of us. See you on the other side!
                Tamena

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

• Thanks Tamena. When is your surgery?
                  Pam, age 49
                  T-3 to sacrum

Comment

• Pam,
                    I am a week out from having surgery. Check my post and it will explain it all.

Tamena

Braced till age 15

Comment

• I hope this will find the reason for your pain. Also, my second surgery was much easier than the long fusion surgery and I hope yours will go well too!
                      T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                      C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                      T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                      C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                      Right scapulectomy 6/15
                      Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                      To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                      Broken neck 9/28/2018
                      Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                      Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                      Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                      Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                      Osteotomy

Comment

• Good luck Pam, I hope the Doctor can find the source of the pain and get you fixed up so you no longer have pain.
                        Sally
                        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
                        X