• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Chiro-Quacktic school killed"

LOL!

http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2...uackter_s.html

Chiro-Quacktic school killed

Staff at Florida State University strongly opposed plans to open a school for the largely pseudo-scientific practice of chiropractic. The level of opposition to this idea can be gauged by the following spoof proposed map of the facility, to include similar evidence-challenged subjects:
    Hilarious map!
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

That's interesting if it's true. I wouldn't consider that a "credible" website.

Now, as for your comment about "medicine" in your new signature: It's the "practice" of medicine. I say this because they are always practicing! I don't know how many meds I've been prescribed to "see if this works". I've gone through so many allergic and adverse reactions it's not even funny! But, for now, it's the best we have. But even doctors don't know everything. I found it incredibly humbling when I was in college how much we DON'T know. I was studying to be a doctor, just never went to med school as my life situation changed.
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

I think you would have been an excellent doctor, Rohrer. :-)
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Thank you!
        Be happy!
        but we are alive today!

Comment

i second that opinion..
          bet you would have listened to and believed your patients!
          doctors who do both are sadly rare, in my experience...

jess

Comment

Well, then I think that Sharon should change the title of this thread to "Boost Rohrer01's ego!" Thanks! It's never to late, although I might have some trouble with those darn MCAT's you have to take since it's been nine years already since I graduated (time flies!). Nah, I'm getting too old to get into that kind of debt. Now if someone would pay for it, I might reconsider. ;-)
            Be happy!
            but we are alive today!

Comment

I totally agree. I think that you would have been excellent in the field of medicine
              Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

I'm up late. In too much pain to sleep despite 50mcg fentanyl and percocet. Are there any ChiroQuactors out there that can help me, since my surgeon won't? LOL ...Alright, bad joke against Chiro's. Just keeping in line with the theme here. There are some decent and honest ones that do help people with pain. Thanks, Melissa! All your kind words are actually boosting my spirit a little, as my lower back went kaput on Thursday (lifted 3-1/2 yr old grandson over the baby gate) OUCH. It's really painful, but not radiating down my legs this time (yet) unless I stand on my right leg, which is really hard to do right now. I'm not quite sure what to do. I hurt from C-1 to Tailbone (coccyx, since we're getting all medical here) tonight! Hugs everyone! I hope you all feel better than I do.
                Be happy!
                but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
                X