Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may be starting over with a New Doctor~~~whew!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Than- you all!!

I just want to say that I reached Dr. Lenke's scheduling nurse, and she took information from me. She gave me fax numbers and addresses for these local surgeons to send my records and things to HER. She said this way they won't lay on some desk somplace and not get looked at. Her name was Naomi. And as soon as she gets what they send, another of Dr. Lenke's nurses will call me to ask some more questions. She seemed very efficiant and nice. Anyway, the ball is rolling. I so want to "thank you" guys for giving me supportive words and possitive information on Dr. Lenke. I need that right now. I have read great things about him and heard lots about him through this forum. I will have the screw taken out in a couple days. That will help the pain, I hope. Gentle Hugs to all~~Linda
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

great to hear, Linda...
      now things can move in a positive direction...
      so glad you made the call...

jess

Comment

So glad to hear that you're making progress. Wishing you the very best of luck.
        Jen
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

I'm excited for you, too, Linda. It looks like things are finally headed in the right direction. And about time! I'm praying for you.
          71 and plugging along... but having some problems
          2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
          5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
          Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
          CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
          10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Oh thanks so much!!!

Originally posted by Susie*Bee View Post
            I'm excited for you, too, Linda. It looks like things are finally headed in the right direction. And about time! I'm praying for you.
            Thanks so much for the prayers. It means a lot to me right now. What would we do without each other to lean on. It's so hard for family members to ride the ride clear through, without getting completley tired of hearing how bad we feel! I am hoping to hear more from Lenke's scheduling nurse tomorrow. I won't let up till I get in for an appt. I want my life back so bad, I can taste it! I think I am too young for this. Hope you are doing fine and in good spirit. I will post soon as I know more. God Bless~~~Linda
            Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
            May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

Dear Linda,

I am so glad to hear things are moving for you to see Lenke. You are definitely too young for all of this, and I know he will get you fixed up finally and on the road to recovery.

Did you have that exposed screw removed?

Please keep us posted.
              Gayle, age 50
              Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
              Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
              Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
              2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
              2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

Originally posted by leahdragonfly View Post
                Dear Linda,

I am so glad to hear things are moving for you to see Lenke. You are definitely too young for all of this, and I know he will get you fixed up finally and on the road to recovery.

Did you have that exposed screw removed?

Please keep us posted.
                Sorry to go off topic here... Gayle, how are you feeling? How is your recovery?

Warmly,
                Doreen
                44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
                Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
                2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

This week's Orthopaedics This Week newsletter has an article titled "The Top 28 Spine Surgeons in America". That list included Larry Lenke and Serena Hu. They were the only deformity surgeons who are commonly named on this forum, to be on the list. (To be fair, there are far more spine surgeons who do few, if any, deformity work. So, most of the surgeons surveyed probably do mostly much smaller surgeries.) They put together the information from surveying a comprehensive list of practicing spine surgeon, and asking the question "who among your peers do you think is at the top of your profession?"
                  Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                  Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
                    This week's Orthopaedics This Week newsletter has an article titled "The Top 28 Spine Surgeons in America". That list included Larry Lenke and Serena Hu. They were the only deformity surgeons who are commonly named on this forum, to be on the list. (To be fair, there are far more spine surgeons who do few, if any, deformity work. So, most of the surgeons surveyed probably do mostly much smaller surgeries.) They put together the information from surveying a comprehensive list of practicing spine surgeon, and asking the question "who among your peers do you think is at the top of your profession?"
                    OMG!! That is so neat to know things like this. Thank-you Linda. You made my day!! I have heard good things about him~~~but this just Tops them all!! Thanks again for sharing this~~~ Have a great day! Linda
                    May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

Working...
                    X