Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SAW DR. PERRA" and hoping surgery is soon as, I am deteriorating fast!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "SAW DR. PERRA" and hoping surgery is soon as, I am deteriorating fast!!

Hi all,
    I saw my surgeon at the Twin City Spine Center last Wed.(Dr.Perra). I'v been on the Forteo for four months now. I had a dex-scan done and I had an full length body xray done. I lost another quarter of my body length. It was 45% shifted forward and now 70% shifting forward. I can't pull myself up at all. And my ribs feel broke and food doesn't digest as well and on and on! He is going to call when the results come in on the dex-scan. He thinks we have to get into surgery soon! I feel like the Forteo is working. (Just from my own feeling of the strength of my bones.) But I could be wrong. We really didn't discuss the surgery too much yet,except he said instead of two days for the surgery , he will do it all in one day. Before he said there would even be a week in between. So really guys, it's just a waiting game on this end. Wish I had more for you. I'm thinking that if he's doing it in one day, he is going to do a TLIF(?) on me(not sure I have the right abbv. for that?)But it means, using his hands, to go into the front of the spine, from the back, to reinforce it. He said there would be a lot of osteotomies on me and a few cages(in front and back)Anyway, I felt very comfortable with him and he didn't act like he was in a hurry at all. Seemed to know his stuff for sure!! I will let you know as soon as I find out what the next step is. Pray my bones are ready! Oh, and I didn't tell you, I have a skin lesion on my arm. It is caused by "stress", but it has to be healed by the time I go to surgery. Just to add a bit more stress!Hmmm?
    Have a good day my friends! Truely~~Linda
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Hi Linda. Good luck with the results of the scan. Hope you can get this done and over with asap.

As per the lesion, is it infected? If so, and to prevent infection, you can use a natural antibiotic in Manuka Honey, from New Zealand. Not sure if it's available in the US but can be purchased online. You can Google it. If you find cheap stuff, it's probably not Manuka, it must be Manuka. It's being used here and in NZ for the ulcers that affect the elderly, that take years to heal (sometimes never) with great success. Even doctors are prescribing it for skin lesions.

Sounds odd, I know, but I used to volunteer with Meals on Wheels for the elderly and disabled, and that's where I found out about it. It's available through health food stores here, but may not be available in the US.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
    X