Before and After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and After

I finally figured out how to add my xrays as part of a thread. Actually wanted it as part of my signature but I guess this will serve thesame purpose which is to encourage someone out there.

Sending healing and encouraging thoughts to everyone (pre and post op)
    Attached Files
    Diagnosed as a teenager
    Surgery 06/21/2011 Dr Boachie HSS
    Age 34 at time of surgery
    Pre Op : Thoracic 87; Lumbar 85
    Post Op: Thoracic 36; Lumbar 21
    Gained almost 2 inches in height !

Originally posted by GOE View Post
    I finally figured out how to add my xrays as part of a thread. Actually wanted it as part of my signature but I guess this will serve thesame purpose which is to encourage someone out there.

What a great correction you have
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

That truly was a great correction done! Did Dr. Broachie say any of the bones were fused before the surgery? Just curious.

Anyway, congratulations!
      Discovered scoliosis when 15 years old.
      Wore Milwaulkee Brace for 1.5 years.
      Top curve 85 degrees, bottom curve 60 degrees

Surgery completed August 23, 2011 (during an earthquake, can you believe that?)
      Dr. Charles Edwards, II
      The Spine Center at Mercy Hospital in Baltimore, MD
      Before and after xrays:
      http://www.valley-designs.com/myspine

Comment

That's amazing! You got a really great correction.
        Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
        Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
        70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
        Rib Hump-GONE!
        Age-60 at the time of surgery
        Now 66
        Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
        Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
        Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
        Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
        tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
        http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Dr. Boachie really has a gift. You look great. The surprising thing to me is how balanced you were in your "before" and the fact that he kept you balanced. I love to see before and afters. Linda should make another sticky thread just for before and afters. LOL
          Be happy!
          We don't know what tomorrow brings,
          but we are alive today!

Comment

Just incredible!

Here is an x-ray that says it all!

Ed
            Attached Files
            49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
            Pre surgery curves T70,L70
            ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
            Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
              Dr. Boachie really has a gift. You look great. The surprising thing to me is how balanced you were in your "before" and the fact that he kept you balanced. I love to see before and afters. Linda should make another sticky thread just for before and afters. LOL
              Good idea.
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

WOW, your back was a mess before surgery (and I mean that in the nicest possible way!) .... but it looks amazing now. Yeah, Dr. B really knows what he's doing..!
                Chris
                A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

WOW what beautiful results, thanks for sharing!

Comment

After sending my WOW what beautiful results did I see that Dr. Boachie did your surgery. I am so happy for you! You gave me so much hope as I am scheduled with Dr. B on May 16th. How are you feeling now? How was your recovery? Do you work? If so, when did you return?

Comment

Absolutely stunning result. What an artist Boachie is.
                      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Wow! What a difference! You must feel like a whole new person. Thank you for sharing.
                        Posterior fusion T-3 to S-1 scheduled 12/6/12 and anterior fusion scheduled 12/11/12.
                        Dr. Sigurd Bergen, UCSF

Comment

OMG! That's one amazing correction you have there!

I hope you're feeling as good as you look!

LOL Ed.
                          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

That is fantastic!! Janet
                            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Thanks Everyone

Originally posted by rockycarm View Post
                              After sending my WOW what beautiful results did I see that Dr. Boachie did your surgery. I am so happy for you! You gave me so much hope as I am scheduled with Dr. B on May 16th. How are you feeling now? How was your recovery? Do you work? If so, when did you return?
                              Thanks everyone. Yes I think Dr Boachie is great !!!!

Rockycarm, I am glad that this gave you hope for May 16. I am sure you will do great !! Dr Boachie is very kind and definitely knows what he is doing.
                              As great as the xray looks, I must confess that my recovery hasn't been a walk in the park. I am finally begining to feel like I made the right decision to have this surgery at 8 months post op. My main compliants post op have been severe nerve pain in my right leg which gets aggravated with prolonged sitting and the feeling of being unbalanced/one leg being longer than the other. I have seen Dr B thrice already post op and he did a CT scan to confirm that everything was where it should be. He is confident that the pain is all nerve related due to the large curves I had and the significant correction he achieved. He also says I am balanced and my body will just have to take its time to adjust to its new settings In his words "this surgery was a big hit" to my body.
                              There has been a significant improvement in the nerve pain from the 6 month mark to now. I still cannot tolerate prolonged sitting (2-3hrs) and then I have to take a break but it has gotten much better. I also no longer feel as unbalanced as I felt a few months ago. I started PT at HSS last month and she is working with me mainly on posture and balance so maybe that is helping strenghten the weak muscles and ultimately making me feel more balanced. (Just my own thoughts
                              About work, I still have not gone back to work Please do not let this discourage you at all. I have an extremely stressful job in NYC that requires me to sit about 12hrs a day, travel quite a bit and carry a laptop to and from my clients. I felt nowhere near ready to go back at 3.5 months. At 6 months I could probably have gone back if I had a different/less stressful job but given the work and the fact that I was still in pain Dr B suggested I take some more time off I was very dissapointed and pretty much in tears in his office after my 6month appt but in hindsight it was probably for the best since I feel much stronger and ready now. I see him again in a few weeks and keeping my fingers crossed to be released to go back to work albeit with travel restrictions as I don't think I am at the point where I can be on a plane twice a week yet
                              I hope this helped and that I have not discouraged you. I just want to be honest about my own experience. All in all, I still think the decision to take care of back was the best decision for me
                              at the time and I am optimistic that I will be able to add my post to the sticky thread, "glad I had surgery" sooner rather than later. Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any specific questions about Dr B or HSS. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for May 16. You'll do great !
                              Diagnosed as a teenager
                              Surgery 06/21/2011 Dr Boachie HSS
                              Age 34 at time of surgery
                              Pre Op : Thoracic 87; Lumbar 85
                              Post Op: Thoracic 36; Lumbar 21
                              Gained almost 2 inches in height !

Comment

Working...
                              X