No announcement yet.

Vertebral Axial Decompression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tom, I believe is not out of topic your comment and I believe is something good what is your daughter doing. It seems that all those methods work to achieve a more flexible spine, something really very important. Surely some kind of massage should also be good in that sense.

This kind of traction seems to be something different.. they says is so much better than the traditional linear traction, who knows..

Best Regards!

Comment

Hi Flerc.

Tamzin seems to 'need' more stretching as she develops more musculature on the previously (relatively) dormant lumbar and thoracic areas. When doing ballet (always with a rigorous breathing and muscular correction), she stops often (when appropriate) to relieve her torso with a stretch. Maintaining such isometric postural correction is fatiguing and possibly is the reason she feels the need to stretch more often?

Originally posted by flerc View Post
      Surely some kind of massage should also be good in that sense.
      I agree totally and I am guilty--11 months after diagnosis--of still not researching and implementing a massage component to Tamzin's program.

This kind of traction seems to be something different.. they says is so much better than the traditional linear traction, who knows..
      I will read your linked articles tomorrow (1:00 a.m. over here in the UK).

Regards
      Tom
      07/11: (10yrs) T40, L39, pelvic tilt, rotation T15 & L11
      11/11: Chiari 1 & syrinx, T35, L27, pelvis 0
      05/12: (11yrs) stopped brace, assessed T&L 25 - 30...>14lbs , >8 cm
      12/12: < 25 LC & TC, >14 cms, >20 lbs, neuro symptoms abated, but are there
      05/13: (12yrs) <25, >22cms height, puberty a year ago

Avoid 'faith' in 'experts'. “In consequence of this error many persons pass for normal, and indeed for highly valuable members of society, who are incurably mad...”

Comment

Tom, you don't may feel guilty about anything of course. Certainly massages seems to be really important but is dificult (at least in my country) to find someone with so much experience in a good technique and a great knowledge about scoliosis issues. I'm looking for an osteophat, PT or physician experienced in some eastern technique as Shiatzu, Tui na, Thai massage..
        Stretching is something extremely important without any doubt. Is impossible a reduction of the curve without it and surely during growth, is a necessary condition to avoid progression. I don't want to imagine what may do a brace in an stiff spine..
        I suppose that a combination with Qui Gong should to be the best, but this machine seems to be really interesting..

See you.

Comment

Working...
        X