Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Postop question, been a long time since I posted (nerve pain)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postop question, been a long time since I posted (nerve pain)?

It's been a long time since i've been on.. we've been so busy.

My daughter had surgery at Rady in SD Dec 13, 2010. On Dec 13,2011 she got the all clear!!

One issue though right after surgery we had to go back to SD right before Christmas because she had hip/back/leg pain. Determined it was nerve pain from being blocked for 7 hours and her fusion is so large and LOW down the back.

So she took 900 mg daily of Neurontin (300m three times daily) for a few months and then weaned off. Doing well by April 2011.

So it flares a little now and again, some stretching and Yoga does well for awhile.

At postop, he checked the leg, she has no weakness just tenderness, but when it flares up bad, she can't lift the leg, she has to use her hand to support it.

She just got put back into PE at school, and she bumped the area on the bleachers and then has had to do some jumping up to the first riser and back down and her hip is really hurting here.

We are pending a referral to neurology, however wondering if anyone else has had this issue? She really hurts at times and favors and limps some more and more now.

Being that she had such a huge surgery, her scar starts just below the neck and continues to the top of her backside, she took 14 screws on each side of her spine and is fused at L4/L5 region she's an inspiration to me... but after 7 hours of being blocked, dr thought in the beginnign that was the issue but... it should be resolving by now he thinks.

Thanks for any feedback.
Working...
X