Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's me...JERSEYOT...I'm 1 down 1 to go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's me...JERSEYOT...I'm 1 down 1 to go!

Well, HHEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOO everybody!!! I'm here! I made it through the first surgery with flying colors and it only took 5 hours instead of 7 which is great. I am now day 5 post-op and am feeling better each day. I spent 48+ hours in ICU from Tuesday until Thursday early evening. I have been in a small private room with the most wonderful nurses and aides on earth! I am now able to wit and wash with setup, brush my teeth, get on/off toilet and in/out of bed unassisted. I am very pleased with how I'm progressing - the stronger I am going into the second half of this surgery the better I will do post-op. Yesterday I even walked about 50 ft and did 5 small (lower height) steps with PT (up and down!) My abdominal pain is/was alot worse than I had anticipated but that too, is starting to feel a little better each day and I'm hoping it'll continue to do so. I had a PICC line put in on Friday because with all the poking and prodding and irritation that was happening (not to mention that IV's only last 4 days) it was suggested that have a PICC line put in so that I could get fluids, meds, blood draws, whatever - directly from this site. So that was fun (NOT)! I've had someone here visiting with me (either family, friends or both!) each day which is nice. Part 2 will take place on Tuesday morning as planned barring the unforeseen. This one coming up is "the big one" - I'm still really nervous about it but atleast all these great medications help keep me from stressing out too much! HAHA. Last night I woke up twice this excruciating pain in my sacrum/tailbone area which I was told is most likely muscle spasm. Ugh! THAT was pai Ive never had before so hopefully it won't be back for another round tonight. So, with that as my update, I think I'm doing fairly well. Please continue the prayers for Jan31 -- that's the BIG ONE! And totally offi topic, the nurse just came in and said that the CNA would be in soon and that i can take a shower!! Yay!! Oh it's the little things in life!!!
    1993/1995: PSF w/ Harrington rods T3-L4
    Jan. 24, 2012: ALIF of L4-L5, L5-S1 w/ cage spacer and BMP
    Jan. 31, 2012: PLIF of L1-S1 w/ pelvic anchors
    Scheduled Nov.15, 2012: Fusion T2-S1 w/ pelvic anchors to fix T12 fracture
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ot/myback2.jpg - BEFORE
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT2342x406.jpg - AFTER
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT1410x229.jpg - AFTER
    www.jerseyot.blogspot.com

Michele

You type well on heavy meds....we should give awards for this!

You hang in there, before you know it, you will be completely done.

It was 4 years ago today that I walked in for my surgeries, a day I will never forget.

Ed
    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

hey Michelle
      you sound so good....
      and you must be doing well to be able to type like that!
      i hope the next surgery goes as smoothly as this one...
      wishing you another successful operation, and
      an uneventful recovery....

jess

Comment

I should've told you before hand that my Mom was my personal scribe! She typed what I said - i had tos top trying to ply to emails and texts because they were completely unreadable! I'll post a pic at some point and show you just what these meds do to ones handwriting!
        1993/1995: PSF w/ Harrington rods T3-L4
        Jan. 24, 2012: ALIF of L4-L5, L5-S1 w/ cage spacer and BMP
        Jan. 31, 2012: PLIF of L1-S1 w/ pelvic anchors
        Scheduled Nov.15, 2012: Fusion T2-S1 w/ pelvic anchors to fix T12 fracture
        http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ot/myback2.jpg - BEFORE
        http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT2342x406.jpg - AFTER
        http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT1410x229.jpg - AFTER
        www.jerseyot.blogspot.com

Comment

I am glad that everything is going so well for us and I will keep praying that it continues for you
          Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
            I am glad that everything is going so well for us and I will keep praying that it continues for you
            Michelle--
            Congratulations on Part I and Best Wishes for Part II on Tuesday. You sound very upbeat and ready to go!
            I know this put a quote from Melissa on here but it seemed the only way to reply. Last night and today it did this. No "Reply" button was shown on the left. One time it popped up last night but the reply didn't go through. Anyone else having trouble with this? Janet
            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Michelle,
              You sound so upbeat which, in my opinion, helps throughout your recovery. I'll be thinking about you on the 31st with round 2. I'm sure you will do well.
              Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
              Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
              70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
              Rib Hump-GONE!
              Age-60 at the time of surgery
              Now 66
              Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
              Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
              Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
              Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
              tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
              http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

well, that's understandable that you can't type....
                i'm glad your mom is with you!

jess

Comment

Oh Michele - I'm so happy to see this post! Have been looking each day - so glad you're doing so well. Positive mindset & faith - and all these people praying for you! I've been praying for you daily, as well as for Kristy & Melissa. Wishing you all the best for round two - we're all rooting for a great correction so you can get back to enjoying life, esp w your kids!
                  Mom of 14yo son diagnosed Oct 2011
                  Surgery 1/3/12 w Dr. Geof Cronen,
                  Tampa General Hospital T3 to L1
                  Jacob's pre surg curves: T58 & L31 12/28/11
                  photos & xrays in "First-Time Surgery" thread "Before & After"

Comment

jersey,

You sound great! I"ll be thinking of you on Tuesday and watching for your next post! Keep up the good work!

Kathy
                    Kathy
                    46 yrs at surgery, now 50
                    71 degree thoracolumbar curve corrected to 34 degrees
                    8/2/2010 surgery with Dr. Lenke

posterior T9 to sacrum with pelvic fixation

4 osteotomies and 1 cage
                    http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...athK_08022010/

Comment

You sound absolutely much better than the last time you posted in agony! I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well! It's also nice to have a personal scribe! LOL Tell your mom thanks from all of us! Keep on doing whatever you are doing, because you sound great! Can't wait to hear how your next surgery goes.

Rohrer01
                      Be happy!
                      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                      but we are alive today!

Comment

One down and one to go! You are almost there. I am glad you sound so well. I wasn't even coherent at the point where you are. Too many drugs for me.
                        Sally
                        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

great news

I'm literally on vacation in Florida. I think it's Thursday, look forward to hearing about round 2.
                          1966 fusion in Buffalo of 11 thoracic vertebrae, with Harrington rod

Comment

Its me...JERSEYOT...I'm 1 down1 to go!

Great news Michele. 1 down and smaller time in next surgery. THose meds make me so loopy that I can't type half the time. Take care and lots of smiles your way. Reneetina
                            60 yrs old did scuba,lift & work. Miss all.
                            1st t surgery,28 years. L4/5 fusion
                            2nd surgery 10-19; went from 2 80%+ curves to 20% + 30%.T4-S1,38 screws (loose & angled wrong), 15 fusions many fusions did not take,& horrific had/have(?) infection.
                            Lot of pain.

Comment

Its me...JERSEYOT...I'm 1 down1 to go!

Great news Michele. 1 down and hoping next one is as simple as a very short walk in the park. Rainbows being sent your way. Those meds make me so loopy that I can't type half the time so excuse any mistakes I may make. Reneetina
                              60 yrs old did scuba,lift & work. Miss all.
                              1st t surgery,28 years. L4/5 fusion
                              2nd surgery 10-19; went from 2 80%+ curves to 20% + 30%.T4-S1,38 screws (loose & angled wrong), 15 fusions many fusions did not take,& horrific had/have(?) infection.
                              Lot of pain.

Comment

Working...
                              X