Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dynamic Remodeling method (DR method)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
    But that would put a stretch and release force on the spine, not put pressure on it. To put pressure, one would have to carry around weights, which wouldn't be good for the curve. The braces put forces on the ribs, muscles and pelvis but not on the spine itself, as far as I know.
    Stretch/distraction is pressure/force as well.

Comment

Why don't they staple adults?

I mean if you can correct adult spines with fusion then why not with staples? In both approaches, the mechanism is not growth modulation but spinal alignment.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        Why don't they staple adults?

I mean if you can correct adult spines with fusion then why not with staples? In both approaches, the mechanism is not growth modulation but spinal alignment.
        Good question, I believe that the inventor said that it could not be possible but I don’t know why.

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
          To put pressure, one would have to carry around weights, which wouldn't be good for the curve.
          I’m not so sure.. between a range of weight, should to be something good, because muscles would fights to not allow an increasing of the curve. Of course if the spine begin to bend more because the weight it would not be good. But if the spine remains enough straight, it should not to be any problem.

Comment

If you look up twistedlifter, he has pictures posted. I don't think I've ever seen a more muscular scoliotic body, yet his muscles don't make his spine straight. If I remember, I think he has at least one curve in the 70's. I could be wrong, since he hasn't posted for a long time.
            Be happy!
            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
            but we are alive today!

Comment

So much interesting issue Roher, I thought exactly like you before I talked with Kevin about that http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...muscular+flerc
              An extremely elemental reasoning have lead me to believe that, but we might only say it’s true if we are focused only in an static position, not dynamic.
              I also don’t know which kind of exercise she does. Exercises seems to only provide force to do that specific exercise. If you swim all the day, you'll have a great force for swimming, not necessarily for fight against gravity force.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin_Mc View Post
                Stretch/distraction is pressure/force as well.
                Sorry Kevin, I don't understand.. what kind of pressure would be applied to vertebras to allow a remodeling in that way??

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
                  So much interesting issue Roher, I thought exactly like you before I talked with Kevin about that http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...muscular+flerc
                  An extremely elemental reasoning have lead me to believe that, but we might only say it’s true if we are focused only in an static position, not dynamic.
                  I also don’t know which kind of exercise she does. Exercises seems to only provide force to do that specific exercise. If you swim all the day, you'll have a great force for swimming, not necessarily for fight against gravity force.
                  Certainly, I'm thinking now that probably they are really important to hold the spine in the frontal. Some surgeons in some cases not fix all the curve vertebras. I believe they only does it in S curves. The daughter of a friend after surgery when she tried to walk, her trunk, include her head bend to a side. He thought that was a big mistake, but after a while (I don't remeber if it were some days) she began to walk in a normal way.
                  I believe that muscles were the responsables of that straightening.. and not as I believed because their lenght (as ligaments) but because their activation in the right way.. I supposed then that at least some improvement should to do in a spine without surgery.

Comment

Working...
                  X