Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just A Few Issues.

Hello.
    I was wondering if anybody could help, I'm 17 and from the UK - Not that it has any relivance but its always nice to have some background, i had a full spinal fusion when i 15 i cant remember the specifics and everything has been fantasic up to now, before the surgury i was in great pain, and also had a large amount of musle on my back that had been moved because of my curves, but as soon after my surgury everything was brilliant the 'growth' on my back had gone and i had no pain ( and the surgury went spectacularlly) and everything had gone back to normal (other then my Scar - Which i have grown to love) but resently i have been having pain in my lower back like before, and im scared to tell the truth. i dont know if its just because its winter and cold or if it is somthing else, i dont want to go to the doctors about it, because i cant go though it all again. but its starting to get really painful again, and its getting hard to ignore it, has anybody got any idea's of what it could be or is anybody going though the same thing? i dont know, Any help would be fantastic. i feel so alone, and im struggleing so sleep, its starting to get me down. (sorry if i sound a little dramatic i just dont know what else to do)
    Thank-you
    - Amy Marie

Hi Amy Marie,

Welcome and sorry about the pain.

When is the last time you had a radiograph? That's really the only way to start figuring out what the problem could be.

If you get the okay from a surgeon, PT might be able to help with your pain.

What kind of curve did you have and how long is your fusion? Those are issues that might come into play about your increased pain only 2 years after fusion.

Last, do you know about Scoliosis Support? It is a UK-based group for scoliosis. I am not suggesting you leave here but I am suggesting they would have a better chance of knowing surgeons and physical therapists there if you have questions or comments.

http://www.scoliosis-support.org/index.php

Good luck.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
      Hi Amy Marie,

Welcome and sorry about the pain.

When is the last time you had a radiograph? That's really the only way to start figuring out what the problem could be.

If you get the okay from a surgeon, PT might be able to help with your pain.

What kind of curve did you have and how long is your fusion? Those are issues that might come into play about your increased pain only 2 years after fusion.

Last, do you know about Scoliosis Support? It is a UK-based group for scoliosis. I am not suggesting you leave here but I am suggesting they would have a better chance of knowing surgeons and physical therapists there if you have questions or comments.

http://www.scoliosis-support.org/index.php

Good luck.
      Thankyou for your reply.
      My last one was about a year ago, after alot of hospital mix up, i have another appointment in April. but untill then i have no other way of getting relif other than just Paracetamol and Ibroprufen.
      What is PT?
      I had 3 curves altogether 45+, 38, and the last was just 12. and i cant remember the details of the fusion sorry.
      I tried putting up a picture but it wouldnt allow me.
      Thankyou for the site, i will definately have a look.

Comment

Working...
      X