No announcement yet.

The pop that was hear around the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much activity at 4-5 weeks post-op?

Thanks for your kind and helpful posts Jennifer, Susan, Linda, and Melissa. I was encouraged by all of you.

I'm doing better and haven't cried in several days! Big improvement there. I am doing better with the nausea and loss of appetite in general. Still an issue at times.

This week I started getting dressed in real (entirely casual) clothes everyday, not just loungewear. Strangely that helped mentally.

My question is, how much activity could people handle at 4-5 weeks? I'm up and around quite a bit during the day, trying to do a little light housework here and there. I also walk outside or in a store a couple times a day? Does anyone recall what their days looked like at this stage?

Thanks if you're still reading!!
    Last edited by leahdragonfly; 11-03-2015, 11:36 AM.
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

• Hi Gayle,

You are doing much better than I did at 4-5 weeks postop, but I had a complication, abdominal hematoma, which brought me back to the hospital for an additional surgery. That was a major setback that slowed my recovery by quite a bit, but I remember a significant improvement at 6 weeks. I was able to walk around neighborhood several times a day, but didn't drive until I was off narcotics, which happened to be almost 3 months. I could prepare simple meals, but needed to take many brakes doing it because I was getting tired quickly. I spent a lot of time in bed watching TV and browsing internet.

Take it easy... I know you have kids and it's easier said than done... Maybe go slower on narcotics reduction? You're still very early in recovery. Gentle hugs to you.
      I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
      45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
      A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Working...
      X