Feel like crying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kristy,
    I am so sorry you have to go through this again. It must be such a great disappointment for you after all you have been through. It seems so unfair. I hope your Doctor can get you in and get this fixed really soon so you can get back to your life. It's has to be really tough when you have to work outside of the home and have such problems as this. God bless you.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
      Kristy,

You are in my prayers

At least, your surgeon is quickly moving ahead to get you fixed. Did he give you anything for your pain? Did you stop working?
      My surgeon wants to schedule surgery soon...He offered pain meds but I turned it down because I still have
      some leftover hydrocodone that I take every once in awhile. But I don't like the way it makes me feel. I get
      so sleepy, and itchy. The pain is tolerable as long as I take it easy. I am wearing my brace 24/7 also
      which helps. I am unable to work so will probably be going on short-term disability next week.
      My daughter is coming in from Las Vegas in less than 2 weeks for a one week visit that I have been so looking
      forward to because she is pregnant with her first baby, and we are throwing her a baby shower.
      I am going to see if we can schedule surgery for after her visit. In the meantime, I am going stir crazy just
      sitting around at home because I can't do anything!
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Kristy, I'm so sorry. Hugs to you.
        Female, age 38
        4 years of bracing, concluded at 42*upper/38*lower
        currently 64*upper/40*lower
        Fused T3-L4 on Feb 23 2011
        now 32*upper/18* lower

Comment

Oh, Kristy. Really???!! I am SOOOOO bummed to hear this is happening to you! I haven't been on the "revision" section in a while, so just saw this. You have been my upbeat, chipper inspiration person before this! I am praying for you that this is a minor surgery. (Maybe it will just be one level of non-fusion, so a smaller surgery and recovery?!) What does Dr. Trammell say about the arm numbness? It does sound a bit like carpel-tunnel.

I am in Alabama visiting my grandmother, but will get in touch when I get back. LisaB will want to know. too.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers! Let me know when your surgery will be. Mine is still scheduled for March 14th in St. Louis.

Hugs (gentle),
          Evelyn
          age 48
          80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
          Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
          Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
          Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
          Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Originally posted by naptown78 View Post
            Thank you all for your support; I've been so upset the last few days even though I know many of you are going through far worse than me.
            I have an appointment with my actual surgeon on Monday 12/19 so that I can address my many questions and concerns. I too have had questions
            on the use of the brace. I understand the temporary use of it for support. I can feel the increasing pressure in my lumbar area every day and I worry about the increasing pressure on the other rod. Will it break too?
            There is so much movement of the rod and it also feels like movement in the pelvic screws. I don't see how that won't have to be fixed surgically.
            I am also having pain in my neck. In no way do I want to return to the OR, I just don't know how it can be avoided. We shall see ;-)
            Lifting you up in prayer, naptown~~~~~
            Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
            Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
            This started adult onset scoliosis
            July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
            Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
            Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
            May 30th 2013 revision
            May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
            May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Kristy, I am so sorry you are going through this. You are in my prayers for a quick and successful repair and hopefully one which will be done very soon! I wish your surgeon would do it tomorrow! Your surgery is pretty much exactly what is planned for me 3 weeks from now. I hope you get some much-needed relief SOON - you are so strong to be dealing with this. My prayers are with you.

Michele
              1993/1995: PSF w/ Harrington rods T3-L4
              Jan. 24, 2012: ALIF of L4-L5, L5-S1 w/ cage spacer and BMP
              Jan. 31, 2012: PLIF of L1-S1 w/ pelvic anchors
              Scheduled Nov.15, 2012: Fusion T2-S1 w/ pelvic anchors to fix T12 fracture
              http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ot/myback2.jpg - BEFORE
              http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT2342x406.jpg - AFTER
              http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT1410x229.jpg - AFTER
              www.jerseyot.blogspot.com

Comment

Update

My surgeon's office called today and I am scheduled for surgery Jan 24. Still walking around like an 80 year old.
                I am looking forward to getting this over with so I can get back to life again. So not eager to go through
                that whole post-op period again.
                May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Kristy--
                  So glad you got scheduled; you've been through enough. I so hope this will be your last surgery!! Best Wishes. Janet
                  Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                  Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                  Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                  Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                  T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

The 24th is a GREAT day to have surgery - - - that is when i will be having the first of my 2 surgeries as well - - Jan24 and then Jan31...you'll be in good company that day!! Best of luck to you.
                    1993/1995: PSF w/ Harrington rods T3-L4
                    Jan. 24, 2012: ALIF of L4-L5, L5-S1 w/ cage spacer and BMP
                    Jan. 31, 2012: PLIF of L1-S1 w/ pelvic anchors
                    Scheduled Nov.15, 2012: Fusion T2-S1 w/ pelvic anchors to fix T12 fracture
                    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ot/myback2.jpg - BEFORE
                    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT2342x406.jpg - AFTER
                    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT1410x229.jpg - AFTER
                    www.jerseyot.blogspot.com

Comment

I just hate reading this. You were such an inspiration to me (still are!) when I was in so much pain a year ago (w/the non-union and the sagittal imbalance). I'm a little worried about "if I'm fusing" now (maybe I'm just imagining things). . .we seem to lead "parallel recoveries".

Thinking of you, and sending up a few prayers, too.

Mary Ann
                      Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
                      Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
                      Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

Kristy,

Best wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Kathy
                        Kathy
                        46 yrs at surgery, now 50
                        71 degree thoracolumbar curve corrected to 34 degrees
                        8/2/2010 surgery with Dr. Lenke

posterior T9 to sacrum with pelvic fixation

4 osteotomies and 1 cage
                        http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...athK_08022010/

Comment

Wishing you the best on your surgery tomorrow. I see three people on here having surgery tomorrow. It must be a good day to have surgery. I'm hoping for the best possible outcome for you! Post when you feel up to it. (((HUGS)))

Rohrer01
                          Be happy!
                          We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                          but we are alive today!

Comment

Kristy

Wishing you the best tomorrow....

Ed
                            49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                            Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                            ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                            Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

My prayers are with you. Hope to hear from you soon
                              Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Kristy,
                                Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow. Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it. We're all rooting for a smooth recovery for you.

Karen
                                Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                                Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                                70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                                Rib Hump-GONE!
                                Age-60 at the time of surgery
                                Now 66
                                Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                                Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                                Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                                Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                                tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                                http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Working...
                                X