My Xrays with a broken rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Xrays with a broken rod

Here is my xray it is broken at the top and at the bottom. Pretty cool lookingback view S2 I0.jpg

That's crazy. I see the crack at the bottom, but what happened at the top with that screw? Part of the head just snapped off? That's insane lol.

Comment

How did this happen? Did you do anything in particular? Do they have to fix it or are you fused enough so they can leave it alone?

Good luck!
      1996 x-rays (none read recently) 50 degrees thoracic, 40 degrees lumbar
      Never braced, found out I had scoliosis at age 28
      At time of surgery, multi-level disc spondylotic degeneration,
      advanced lumbar degeneration, stenosis
      65 years young and very active but no lengthy walks or standing without pain
      Now, 67. walking and standing as much as I want
      Surgery Dec. 7, 2010
      T10-S1 posterior
      Dr. Rand
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston,
      http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee369/itr1/

Comment

John, the rod popped off of the screw at the top.

Annabeller, it would be interesting to see your postop films. I'm not a real medical professional, but if I had to guess, I'd guess that your curve will definitely increase over time. The angle at the apex of your curve is pretty sharp, and the L3 vertebra is not level. Not good signs.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda,
          You are awesome. I am so glad I have you looking at my X-rays. And the rest of you too. I look at them and think they are not that bad. I have both of my orthos say that my case is very rare and they don't see curves like that often. They have never said anything about the top screw well that it will do any harm. They worried about the lower when. They had me bend sideways in a X-ray and the metal opens and closes. It was pretty creepy looking. I just feel like my life is over after surgery. But it won't be. I have too sit at a model home for 7 hours a day 3 days a week do you guys think that will be difficult after surgery

Comment

Working...
          X