Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 132

Thread: Dr. Douglas Kiester discusses MAGEC - Remote Control Spinal Deformity System

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,090
    Question for everybody.

    How many of these mail order PhDs do you think have been sold with no education required in order for people to buy themselves a job? The one mentioned in the link I'm posting managed to get herself a "professorship" at a university medical center with a two year junior college veterinarian tech program. Pretty impressive. I'd be ticked as heck if I and my baby had been researched on by a vet tech claiming to be a medical school professor with a PhD.

    But please....don't let the LAY people talk about research on an internet board, for God's sake.


    http://cjonline.com/news/2011-12-06/...y#.Tt-AD1bchIw

    A laboratory director at The University of Kansas Medical Center's brain imaging center followed an abridged path to the top by receiving a doctorate from a school operated from a post office box in Hawaii despite never completing a bachelor's degree in any subject.

    The Ph.D. claimed by Kathleen Gustafson, who conducts research on pregnant women at KUMC, was awarded by Eurotechnical Research University. The now-defunct school had no campus, curriculum or permanent faculty. Gustafson wasn't required to attend classes by the university advertising advanced degrees in science, engineering and karate.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,058
    BalletMom

    That's a huge problem in poor countries like India. Unscrupulous schools sell degrees to future "experts" all the time.

    Another problem experts have is that because of "groupthink" they are quite often wrong.

    In 2005 how many economists told the American public that the world economy was about to meltdown because of a massive debt bubble? Not many.
    Last edited by Dingo; 12-09-2011 at 03:04 PM.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
    BalletMom

    That's a huge problem in poor countries like India. Unscrupulous schools sell degrees to future "experts" all the time.

    Another problem experts have is that because of "groupthink" they are quite often wrong.

    In 2005 how many economists told the American public that the world economy was about to meltdown because of a massive debt bubble? Not many.
    It's pretty apparent that we're quickly turning into a banana republic also.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballet Mom View Post
    Question for everybody.

    How many of these mail order PhDs do you think have been sold with no education required in order for people to buy themselves a job? The one mentioned in the link I'm posting managed to get herself a "professorship" at a university medical center with a two year junior college veterinarian tech program. Pretty impressive. I'd be ticked as heck if I and my baby had been researched on by a vet tech claiming to be a medical school professor with a PhD.

    But please....don't let the LAY people talk about research on an internet board, for God's sake.


    http://cjonline.com/news/2011-12-06/...y#.Tt-AD1bchIw
    Your implication that I don't have a legitimate PhD is a lie and therefore a personal attack. I will ask that this lie be used to ban you.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    Your implication that I don't have a legitimate PhD is a lie and therefore a personal attack. I will ask that this lie be used to ban you.
    I haven't implied anything. Your response is pretty darned impressive though.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballet Mom View Post
    I haven't implied anything. Your response is pretty darned impressive though.
    I caught you in a personal attack and a lie. I am hoping that will get you banned.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballet Mom View Post
    I haven't implied anything. Your response is pretty darned impressive though.
    What goes around comes around. I may spend the next 2 hours reporting your posts.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    What goes around comes around. I may spend the next 2 hours reporting your posts.
    We all know that's what you do best. That would be why your ridiculous posts always stay and other people's posts are deleted. Should I post all the dozens of threads that I have saved with your cringeworthy attacks on Christians? It would be enlightening for the new members of the board.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballet Mom View Post
    We all know that's what you do best. That would be why your ridiculous posts always stay and other people's posts are deleted. Should I post all the dozens of threads that I have saved with your cringeworthy attacks on Christians? It would be enlightening for the new members of the board.
    I have never doubted you have a legitimate engineering degree. But you will doubt my degree just out of spite or ignorance. You don't have a damn clue about how to tell who has a legitimate degree and who doesn't and you are wrong in my case and probably every case you imagined you knew.

    You lied about me.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballet Mom View Post
    Flerc, this system is still in the testing phase. It will take time to prove it in much larger numbers of kids. However, it is now getting press so if any parents are interested there in Europe, I'd have them contact Dr. Hilali H. Noordeen, FRCS, Fellow, Royal College of Surgery in Britain if they want more information.
    I'm not so sure about the probability that a parent be aware now about MAgec if surgeon do not comment about it.. I might say that at least in Spanish spoken countries near to 0.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballet Mom View Post
    We all know that's what you do best.

    As I told you, prior to today, I only reported ONE post and it was another lie from YOU about me.

    ONE reported post.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    I have never doubted you have a legitimate engineering degree. But you will doubt my degree just out of spite or ignorance. You don't have a damn clue about how to tell who has a legitimate degree and who doesn't and you are wrong in my case and probably every case you imagined you knew.

    You lied about me.
    Nope...I didn't say anything about you other than you attack Christians at every opportunity and that's the truth. I also said you don't have any credibility because you don't. I think a vet tech would be able to understand science better than you have shown in your responses on this site. No one knows who is actually posting on the internet and credibility is all anyone has from their responses. And you have none.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballet Mom View Post
    Nope...I didn't say anything about you
    This being the second major lie you told on the group about me will hopefully get you banned. We'll see.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    This being the second major lie you told on the group about me will hopefully get you banned. We'll see.
    Yes, we will certainly see. If I do get banned and you don't, I would suggest the commenters on the forum think about what that means about this forum.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    This being the second major lie you told on the group about me will hopefully get you banned. We'll see.
    I have never request the same for you.. as I know also not other parents aggrieved so many times before for you.. itís really incredible.. it's seems that you are using your last resource.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •