Change in body temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in body temp

Did anyone have a change in body temperature after surgery? I am usually cold all the time and usually have the house temp set on 77 to 81 depending on if it is day or night. Night usually being 77. Since the surgery I am hot constantly and have the house temp on 74 to 73 just to be comfortable. Idk if this is a temp condition or something perm. I am not running a fever and I have stayed on my hormone meds so I know it isn't hot flashes. And can any lay on their stomachs after surgery -if so about how long does that take?

I was fine during the day but at night would freeze because I ran a fever for about 3 weeks post op. I imagine your situation is temporary. I have noticed no change in body temp but the surgery did trigger hot flashes which are not exactly pleasant ^^
    50 years old!!!!!
    Wore Milwaulkee Brace 1976-77
    Original curve 36 degrees ( measured in the 70s)
    Advanced to 61 degrees 01/2011
    Surgery 07/11/2011
    Fused T1-L2 (curve now in the 20s!)

Comment

I don't know the answer to your question. I would think if you were running a fever, you would "feel" cold and turn the heat UP. Since this isn't the case, you can save money on your heating bill (unless that is included in your rent if you rent). Besides, it probably isn't a permanent situation. I would ask you doctor about it when you see him next, or you could call his nurse and ask. It doesn't sound like anything dangerous as long as you don't have a fever, but I am a layperson and have not had the surgery, yet, myself. Take care. I hope everything works out for you!
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Hi Kayde,

I was extremely warm post-op during my hospital stay. I think I had the temperature in the room around 58! When I got home I was still very warm and kept my house temperature around 65 (usually mid 70s in the summer). I'm 3.5 years post-op and I still find myself getting hot much easier than before, especially at night. I hope this changes for you.

I'm fused T1-L2 and I occasionally sleep on my stomach. I think I tried it around 1 year post-op. It generally hurts my lower back so I try to avoid it.

Shell
        Chemist, 30

1998- 18 degrees
        2003- 33 degrees
        2005- 37 degrees
        2006- 44 degrees
        May 2007- 47 degrees
        December 2007 - 50 degrees X-ray

Surgery May 27, 2008
        Fused T1 to L2
        Curve corrected to 15 degrees X-ray

Comment