Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiation free!!!

Someone tried with this? http://www.scoliosissystems.com/
    Unfortunately in my country it seems that not exists yet.. Rx seems to be dangerous.

Deutchman and Lamantia are both chiros. Please review the article comparing chiro training to medical school training I posted a while back.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Does anyone else notice how the best looking scoliosis websites are always owned by companies who make money off us?

Anyhow, I'm not sure if these facts are accurate but I want to post the info anyway.

COSMIC RADIATION
      This is radiation from outer space, from the Sun and other stars. It is partly blocked by the Earth's atmosphere, so the higher your altitude, the less air is present to stop it, and the higher the levels. It varies from around 25 mrem a year at sea level, to around 50 mrem a year if you live at an altitude of 1 mile. At two miles, it would be around 100 mrem a year.
      This is the reason that you get a small radiation dose when you take an airplane flight. Planes fly at altitudes of several miles, though fortunately the length of a flight is only a few hours. A typical dose rate is 0.5 mrem per hour of flight.
      RADIATION FROM XRAYS AND MEDICAL TESTS
      According to the American Nuclear Society, the following are the typical dose levels from various medical tests:
      Extremity (arm, leg, etc) Xray: 1 mrem
      Dental Xray: 1 mrem
      Chest Xray: 6 mrem
      Nuclear Medicine (thyroid scan): 14 mrem
      Neck/Skull Xray: 20 mrem
      Pelvis/Hip Xray: 65 mrem
      CAT Scan: 110 mrem
      Upper GI Xray: 245 mrem
      Barium Enema: 405 mrem

In comparison I know that there are many business type people that fly an hour to work each morning and another hour to get home.
      These people must be getting almost as much radiation as an adult scoliosis patient would if they were to have a chest xray every week.
      But take note that the values for neck / head and pelvis / hips is much higher.

Click for Radiation Article

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        Deutchman and Lamantia are both chiros. Please review the article comparing chiro training to medical school training I posted a while back.
        If chiropractics are recomending radiation free options, good for them!!!
        As I said you before, if you really would be a good person wanting to warn people about what you really think is bad, you simply should to say ‘Please read what I said here http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...-to-Scoliscore .. you may add the post number.. and people may also see the reply, as in this case I did when you said the same about chiropractics.
        But your intention is to get dirty the non surgical threads, generating discussions .. to promote what you ever say, when if you would have something to add you should to do it in that thread and quoting it.
        Try to be more respectful with people here, not having the intention and all the time of the world to promote anything and really HAVING A PROBLEM and looking for information about different issues as I trying to do in this this case with FREE RADIATION OPTIONS.

Comment

Originally posted by sjmcphee View Post
          Does anyone else notice how the best looking scoliosis websites are always owned by companies who make money off us?

Anyhow, I'm not sure if these facts are accurate but I want to post the info anyway.

COSMIC RADIATION
          This is radiation from outer space, from the Sun and other stars. It is partly blocked by the Earth's atmosphere, so the higher your altitude, the less air is present to stop it, and the higher the levels. It varies from around 25 mrem a year at sea level, to around 50 mrem a year if you live at an altitude of 1 mile. At two miles, it would be around 100 mrem a year.
          This is the reason that you get a small radiation dose when you take an airplane flight. Planes fly at altitudes of several miles, though fortunately the length of a flight is only a few hours. A typical dose rate is 0.5 mrem per hour of flight.
          RADIATION FROM XRAYS AND MEDICAL TESTS
          According to the American Nuclear Society, the following are the typical dose levels from various medical tests:
          Extremity (arm, leg, etc) Xray: 1 mrem
          Dental Xray: 1 mrem
          Chest Xray: 6 mrem
          Nuclear Medicine (thyroid scan): 14 mrem
          Neck/Skull Xray: 20 mrem
          Pelvis/Hip Xray: 65 mrem
          CAT Scan: 110 mrem
          Upper GI Xray: 245 mrem
          Barium Enema: 405 mrem

In comparison I know that there are many business type people that fly an hour to work each morning and another hour to get home.
          These people must be getting almost as much radiation as an adult scoliosis patient would if they were to have a chest xray every week.
          But take note that the values for neck / head and pelvis / hips is much higher.

Click for Radiation Article
          Scott, thanks for your reply!! Good article.
          I believe that parents should to be the more interested.. even radiation seems to be less harmful in the definitive adulthood..

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
            If chiropractics are recomending radiation free options, good for them!!!
            That may be how they get folks in the door.

It is wrong for anyone to recommend chiros to patents and parents of patients with scoliosis for WHATEVER reason. Honest chiros admit they should not be treating this condition. Why isn't that enough for you too?
            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

As I said you before, if you really would be a good person wanting to warn people about what you really think is bad, you simply should to say ‘Please read what I said here http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...-to-Scoliscore .. you may add the post number.. and people may also see the reply, as in this case I did when you said the same about chiropractics.
              But your intention is to get dirty the non surgical threads, generating discussions .. to promote what you ever say, when if you would have something to add you should to do it in that thread and quoting it.
              Try to be more respectful with people here, not having the intention and all the time of the world to promote anything and really HAVING A PROBLEM and looking for information about different issues as I trying to do in this this case with FREE RADIATION OPTIONS.
              But..you prefer to do your work.. your reason to be here
              And I have not time for your 'game', so

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
              That may be how they get folks in the door.

It is wrong for anyone to recommend chiros to patents and parents of patients with scoliosis for WHATEVER reason. Honest chiros admit they should not be treating this condition. Why isn't that enough for you too?
              Yes, you are right and free radiations is something extremely important. Do you agree? Are surgeons in your country recommending it? They believe that give at least the same information as x-ray? Surely you know that.

Comment

Scott, thanks for your reply!! Good article.
                I believe that parents should to be the more interested.. even radiation seems to be less harmful in the definitive adulthood..
                Well I hope my post doesn't seem misleading, I've got a hunch that younger people may be more susectible to the radiation from xrays than adults, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by sjmcphee View Post
                  Well I hope my post doesn't seem misleading
                  No of course.. I'll try to find the article saying why is less harmful in the definitive adulthood..
                  Thanks!

Comment

As a skier who skis at high altitudes from 8000 to 12000 feet, I have been warned about radiation exposure. I also live at 4600 feet.

Do people that live at high altitudes end up with cancers quicker?

After the multiple nuclear meltdown’s in Japan this last March, one of the Hiroshima survivors made a statement about everybody being so nervous about radiation exposure. She had been exposed to quite a large amount of radiation in 1945 and she is cancer free.

Is the radiation thing that big of a deal? After multiple CT’s and x-rays through my life, I wonder about this.

There sure is a lot of fear about radiation.

Ed
                    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
                      After the multiple nuclear meltdown’s in Japan this last March, one of the Hiroshima survivors made a statement about everybody being so nervous about radiation exposure. She had been exposed to quite a large amount of radiation in 1945 and she is cancer free.

Is the radiation thing that big of a deal? After multiple CT’s and x-rays through my life, I wonder about this.

There sure is a lot of fear about radiation.
                      I know much people saying something similar about cigarettes.. and as cigarettes maybe that cancer not would be the only risk. I have read something about affecting the thyroid function.. I suppose would be worst in women.

Comment

Working...
                      X