Teenager with Scolioisis & no support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
    i had times when i fought with principals about children i had reason to suspect were being abused, called them in to the state
    against the principals' wishes, even when the child had visible marks on their bodies!
    You are a hero for at least trying!

Some kids are in living hells. No island of sanity and the school seems to be the only hope of relief.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

hey Sharon
      no, no hero...
      just did the job i was supposed to do...
      which pissed the principal off...that i stood up to him...
      he was Guiliani's cousin...i sear...the same name...
      his name was...is..Rudy Guiliani...principal of an elementary and a middle school in Bklyn...
      i spent one year there...he tried to kick me out of "his" school for standing up to him!
      my boss took pity on me, pulled me out and put me in a nicer school in Manhattan!

it IS elective surgery just as was said..unless it is immediately life threatening...as in imminent death!
      otherwise, right or wrong, the parents have the say so!

jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
        [COLOR="#0000CD"]
        he was Guiliani's cousin...i sear...the same name...
        his name was...is..Rudy Guiliani...principal of an elementary and a middle school in Bklyn...
        Oh hey, when you said Guiliani's cousin I thought of his first wife who I think was a first cousin.

Apparently it is legal to marry your first cousin in about half the states.

Well, you tried to help. No good deed goes unpunished. The lives of some of these kids must be harrowing.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Isn't it possible the parents really have no clue? Perhaps the school should just call in a social worker and inform the parents. It could also be that the parents can't afford the surgery, they need to know there are people like the Shriners out there that could help them. Also, if she's in pain, it may be causing her shortness of breath, so it may be truly life-threatening now or in the future. I'm kind of new to this, and ok, kinda "Polly-Anna", but the Mom in me thinks there's more to this story on the parents side.

Deb

Comment

Working...
          X