Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was approved for Forteo~~finially!!

Hi all,
    Well, 12 days after my Dr. called in the Forteo to my pharmacy, it was finially approved.My Drs.
    office had trouble locating the info. I had given them. But it's all behind me now, and on to getting through the next few months taking this drug, Forteo. Dr. Perry wants me to take this drug for 6 to 9 months. Whew~~that seems like forever. But I want to do everything possible to help this revision turn out to be a success. When your life has been on hold this long, what's a few more months? I get so fatigued anymore, but I guess that comes with the territory. I am constantley trying to walk and pull myself up . I am so excited about the things that Dr. Perra is going to do to give me back some quality of life. A better one than the present. I will keep posting and keep you updated. These surgeries are so big and scarey, that we need to have each other for support and someone to talk to. Thanks all!! If you have questions~~ask away! Best to you all!!!
    boomer
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

So happy for you. Hope it all works out for you
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Glad you got the approval. I did my first Forteo injection yesterday with the help of the visiting nurse. It was painless. Hope I remember how to do it today on my own.
      Best wishes!

Mary
      Fused T2-T12 on 7/5/11 with Dr. Boachie
      Fusion extended to L4 9/21/11

Comment

Working...
      X