Approved for Forteo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved for Forteo!

Thanks for your kind words to my recent post about my revision surgery.

Lorz, I'll keep the magnesium suggestion in mind, although right now I'm still
    getting over all the laxatives, suppositories, etc. prescribed to me in the
    hospital so I've been having the problem opposite to constipation. I'm now off
    all laxatives and taking Florastor, a probiotic.

Susie, I see we have the same levels fused. It's really encouraging to see how
    well you're doing. Wow, you had to go a long time in the hospital without food
    or drink--I only went 2 days, but was on a liquid diet for most of the rest of
    the stay. My physical therapist at the hospital called it "that silly ileus",
    which made me laugh. She was very nice.

Doreen, I got the letter of approval for Forteo two days ago, and the visiting
    nurse will show me how to inject it Monday or Tuesday. Before my first surgery I took
    Actonel, Boniva and Atelvia (a time-released form of Actonel) for a little over
    5 years for osteopenia. The bone density test done a month before my first
    surgery showed I'd just crossed the line to osteoporosis in some parts of my
    spine. (My previous density test was done a year earlier.) Dr. Boachie's report
    six weeks after the first surgery said that I had "evidence of junctional
    kyphosis, likely due to osteopenia in her lumbar spine, at the distal aspect of
    her instrumentation." Before my first surgery (T2-T12), Dr. B. had told me I
    might need additional surgery if the lumbar curve deteriorated. My bending
    X-rays showed the lumbar curve correcting to 16 degrees, so he thought it was
    worth the chance to do a selective fusion to try to save the lumbar vertebrae.

Getting back to the Forteo--Doreen, I like your attitude that the ankle and knee
    aches from Forteo are due to new bone growing, and, thus, good pain. I'll try to
    keep that attitude, too.

Linda, as ever, thanks for all you do, and I'm sorry you're having to deal with
    all that spam.

Mary
    Fused T2-T12 on 7/5/11
    Fusion extended to L4 on 9/21/11

Glad to hear that you have been approved
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Working...
    X