Need my scoli friends right now~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need my scoli friends right now~~~

Perhaps I told you that my Dr. (GP) dropped the ball and gave my insurance the wrong information about why I need Forteo. Then I found out on Friday that what really happened ,is that she misplaced the letter that my surgeon(Dr. Perra) sent me with all the reasons I need Forteo. Now Mon. I will take a copy of the letter to her again. I called them myself(the insurance co.) and they said "your Dr. only needs to call us and we can clear this up in a minute." I could have been on the drug right away.
    I have to take this Forteo for quite a while(6to9mos.) and so I want to get started. My condition is deteriorating so fast. And so time is of the essence here.
    Wish me luck getting the Forteo started this week! And sooo hoping I get to have surgery by May of 2012. Just hate being bent over soo bad, and all thue problems it creates. Just can't wait to stand straight and tall again. And I think Dr. Perra is certainly going to do his best for me. Bless all of you and hope you are all hanging in there, weather you just had surgery, your waiting for surgery, or you're just getting started looking for a surgeon. I will keep you posted as time goes by. (((HUGS))) boomer
    Last edited by babyboomer16; 10-09-2011, 04:46 AM.
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

I feel so sorry for you with your situation. I hope that you can get it fixed and get the help you need

You will be in my prayers
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be. I don't know how busy your PCP's office is, but I've seen it at my PCP's, and I've seen it in my own center. There are so many pieces of pieces of paper moved around every day, that I sometimes wonder how anything ends up in the right chart. I think the damn insurance companies count on it.

Hang in there. This will get resolved. Stress is far more harmful to your health.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

How frustrating for you. I do hope you get everything all sorted out soon. There was a mix up with my son's first x-rays that were sent from here on Vancouver Island to BC Children's Hospital on the mainland and somehow in the process they never made it and I was waiting patiently for SIX months thinking they had been there the whole time, uggg. Our GP here swears that his office did send them over and that the error was on the other side. I will never know but I am guessing it was not the fault of our GP's office. Six months totally freakin' wasted.
        Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
        Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
        Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
        http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

I'm really sorry you've had such a tough time. Good luck getting the Forteo. Let us know what happens.

Mary
          Fused T2-T12 on 7/5/11 with Dr. Boachie
          Fusion extended to L4 on 9/21/11

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
            I can only imagine how frustrating it must be. I don't know how busy your PCP's office is, but I've seen it at my PCP's, and I've seen it in my own center. There are so many pieces of pieces of paper moved around every day, that I sometimes wonder how anything ends up in the right chart. I think the damn insurance companies count on it.

Hang in there. This will get resolved. Stress is far more harmful to your health.

--Linda
            Thanks Linda~~~I know it will. I'm suppose to take this drug for 6 mo., so I want to get started. And I just keep thinking about how bad a shape I am in, and all the things coming up. I have to slow down my mind and remember until I get this done and fully recovered, I am going to have take a deep breath and let some things go.(Dinners for Holidays, Christmas shopping and you know what I'm saying.) THANKS FOR BEING HERE~~~
            Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
            Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
            This started adult onset scoliosis
            July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
            Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
            Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
            May 30th 2013 revision
            May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
            May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Originally posted by babyboomer16 View Post
              Thanks Linda~~~I know it will. I'm suppose to take this drug for 6 mo., so I want to get started. And I just keep thinking about how bad a shape I am in, and all the things coming up. I have to slow down my mind and remember until I get this done and fully recovered, I am going to have take a deep breath and let some things go.(Dinners for Holidays, Christmas shopping and you know what I'm saying.) THANKS FOR BEING HERE~~~
              Hi Linda,

I had a bit of a "hiccup" when first stepping into the Forteo journey. My endo's office forgot to call my insurance's specialty pharmacy (required for this particular medication) on the day that they assured me they would call. The pharmacy kept calling endo's office trying to get the missing info. So instead of me starting Forteo on a Friday, it was delivered the following Tuesday. I, too, felt desperate waiting. Does Dr. Perra want you on Forteo for six months total or six months before he does surgery and then you continue with the 2-year Forteo cycle? You might want to ask Dr. Perra if he has the Forteo Free Sample Vouchers. My endo gave me one of these vouchers and I took it to CVS along with my Forteo prescription and needle prescription. I had an extra free Forteo pen within 24 hours.

My hubby asked me about the holidays this year since I always do the cooking. I cannot think that far ahead which is the opposite of what I normally do; plan menus months ahead of time. I'm letting things go this year too because the thought of trying to do what I normally do stresses me and I don't need extra stress right now. My family lives out of state so there is no way I'm in physical condition to travel to them. If they come here, I'll be stressed about preparing the house, planning meals, etc. We've spent the last 3 Thanksgivings at our cabin, but that is way too much prep work for me with packing and such. So who knows what we'll do. I'm in limbo this year with my normal routine until I have surgery.

Warmly,
              Doreen
              44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
              Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
              2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes, take one day at a time. Just focus on you and doing what absolutely needs to get done. I've been practicing accepting lots of help from others which was always hard for me but I'm getting better at it. My surgery is scheduled for Oct 21 and lots of friends are offering to clean and cook for me and I'm saying "Ok"!
                Nancy
                Fused T3 to L4 – 1978 with Harrington rod
                Surgery Oct 21, 2011 fused L3-S1 posterior
                Dr Antonacci, Princeton, NJ

Comment

Working...
                X