Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much for cleaning it up, Linda. :-)
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Thanks Linda for taking care of it

Melissa
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Yes-- I am sure we are all really grateful for the time and patience involved in removing all that spam! Do you think you could add the NSF phone number to post #!? There may be a lot of us that never go there and don't have the # readily accessible. Thanks again!
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Originally posted by Susie*Bee View Post
          There may be a lot of us that never go there and don't have the # readily accessible.
          Me either.
          800-673-6922
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

The name of the spammer broke down to "I love error" with 3 extra letters.
            Susan
            Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
            2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
            2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
            2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
            2018: Removal L4,5 screw
            2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

i just called the 800 number to report latest spam this morning...
              it asked me to enter my party's mailbox number.....
              i did not know what number to say...
              so i did not know if anything i said was recorded...
              sounded like a beep went off, so i stated there was spam on
              forum again today...

jess

Comment

Well... hopefully the only users we've lost during the long outage are the spammers. And, nothing like a long outage to remind us how valuable these forums are. If you want the forums to continue, I'd like to urge those who can afford to do so, to make a donation to the National Scoliosis Foundation. You can make your donation online at http://www.scoliosis.org/donations.php.

Welcome back everyone!

--Linda
                Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I've been looking into how the people are able to hack the forum.
                  There's plenty of info out there. -->Find out more
                  You might want to delete this post.
                  Apparently they specifically target native-looking forums (ones that don't have skins)
                  FYI - This is what a VBulletin forum with a skin looks like --> SHOW DEMO

I can look into it and see if there's a way to make the forum less vulnerable to attack, if you want me too.
                  -And I am happy to donate to NSF, but in my own way...
                  I don't live in the US but I am happy to do something that benefits others as well as myself.
                  If it makes the forum a better place ill pay for a new skin to make it look better if you want.
                  And so that it doesn't get targeted so much because hackers go looking for native looking forums to exploit.

Comment

Working...
                  X