This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks melissa
    yes, he finishes the 2 weeks of meds tonite...sees vet Monday....
    there is a surgery he can have, if need be....
    this is his 3rd UTI....
    i never saw a camel puppy before!

hope you are feeling a little better, too...
    i follow your thread, and cheer when you have a good day...

jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
      thanks melissa
      yes, he finishes the 2 weeks of meds tonite...sees vet Monday....
      there is a surgery he can have, if need be....
      this is his 3rd UTI....
      i never saw a camel puppy before!

hope you are feeling a little better, too...
      i follow your thread, and cheer when you have a good day...

jess
      Thanks Jess. I wish you good health as well as well as your puppy
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
        hey rohr
        went to NY to the pain doc...
        came back and went to sleep, but my puppy is on antibiotics for a UTI, and he had
        to have another pill at 5 am (husband messed up schedule while i was away)
        puppy thinks he is a camel and doesn't like to drink water...
        he won't drink anything except for after dinner...
        thus he doesn't pee often enough....
        plus he has something wrong with his winky...

now you're sorry you asked, aren't you....?

jess
        Yes.......... :-)
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

Jess,

So sorry to hear about your little pal's UTI issues. Hope those antibiotics do the trick and that he's better real soon. I never saw a camel puppy before either!!
          mariaf305@yahoo.com
          Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
          Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Sorry to say, Linda. I looked at who is logged on right now and it appears that there are several spammers at work at the moment.
            Be happy!
            but we are alive today!

Comment

Oh good, I had nothing to do tomorrow anyway. ;-)

They haven't pounced yet.
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Maybe they are being blocked by the system, finally. I don't see ANY post by them still.
                Be happy!
                but we are alive today!

Comment

They were at it again last night, as if you have nothing better to do with your time. I think I would beg and plead for more "power" as a moderator. Seriously, we don't want to lose you as a moderator, but if you threaten to quit, maybe they will reconsider. It's not like you are getting paid for this and not allowing you to block or delete users that spam is quite ridiculous!
                  Be happy!
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

I agree.

Or maybe, Linda, you should tell them to either give you the authority to block these spammers or perhaps they would like to come to work on weekends and do it themselves. Their approach is ridiculous (although not completely surprising to me after all the time I've spent around here). Folks come here for support and information - not to be bombarded by spam. They need to get a clue.

As someone who co-moderates another forum (which thankfully, we have control over when it comes to stuff like this), we try to always do what is in the best interest of our members. I simply don't understand their logic.
                    mariaf305@yahoo.com
                    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      I thought the site seemed a little glitchy when I was on here this morning.
                      I feel for you Linda having to deal with this the hard way when you volunteer your time.
                      Maybe we should all hit Joe's message inbox with messages supporting more moderator powers for Linda.
                      Maybe then he'll get a taste of what she has to deal with and reconsider.

A little in house spam...

I think that if Linda is the primary person dealing with this forum that she NEEDS not moderator status but full admin and CPanel access.
                      Anything less is an insult and shows disrespect for the job she does here. She NEEDS to be trusted on this.
                      Seriously what is the point of Joe being boss of the forum if he's not even here?
                      Linda, having to call or email Joe every time there is an issue seems like a really stupid way to manage the forum.
                      We need the person who is in charge of this forum to have the powers to fix issues themselves.

Linda, I'll even offer to install a test version of VB to play with with admin access on one of my spare scoliosis domains if you want, if it helps show them that you can manage these things yourself.
                      I've been playing around with forum software these last few days as well, but I'm using phpBB3, not VB.
                      phpBB3 allows me to place forums inside of forums inside of forums.
                      Like categories inside categories.
                      I'd actually like to install vbulletin and have a play around just to compare it to what I'm using.
                      I'm not yet convinced that what I'm using is any better than V-Bulletin, and I may consider changing over.

I'm sure that there is a great deal more functionality and improvements that could be made to this forum if the person responsible for it had the power to improve it.
                      Take a look at this for instance - http://www.vbulletin-templates.com/

- Scott

- Scott
                      Last edited by sjmcphee; 02-03-2012, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Linda,
                        It looks like the spammers are at it again.
                        Sally
                        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Yep, I have some spam posts on my thread "Irina's Surgery" too.
                          I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
                          45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
                          A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Spam!

I have some spam on my thread"appt. with Dr. Lenke April 18th". Darn!! Linda
                            Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                            Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                            This started adult onset scoliosis
                            July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                            Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                            Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                            May 30th 2013 revision
                            May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                            May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

at one point today, spam was attached to EVERY thread and last post
                              on all the "new posts" except my new post today...

worst spam in a while....really obnoxious and annoying!

Comment

2-1/2 hours to remove all the spam. Just how I wanted to spend my Monday night.

In the future, if you see this type of all out spam attack, please call the National Scoliosis Foundation to report it (then post that you've done so here). If we catch it before it reaches 50 messages, they're much easier to delete.

Thanks.
                                Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                                Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
                                X