Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed more "annockams" posts and that evil green symbol is gone and now says "guest". What's with that?
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

I don't know. I think he was really able to hack in on Sunday night. I've asked Joe to check it out.
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I've just spent the last few hours manually deleting the 180+ messages left by annockams on Sunday night. I think I got them all, but if you find something I missed, please post the URL here or send me a PM.

Thanks.
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

That's a real bummer that you have to waste your time like that. There are some new ones by annockams, unfortunately.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...265#post133265 There is one by guarninna on this thread.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...430#post133430 This is a new one.

It appears that annockams is the last poster on many posts, but when I click on it, it doesn't direct me to the last post. But when I look at the last post it isn't annockams, so you must have deleted these ones already.
          Last edited by rohrer01; 01-11-2012, 06:54 AM. Reason: adding url's
          Be happy!
          We don't know what tomorrow brings,
          but we are alive today!

Comment

Linda, you really don't have the authority to block users or delete them? It looks to me like there is a spammer logged on right now!
            Be happy!
            but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
              Linda, you really don't have the authority to block users or delete them? It looks to me like there is a spammer logged on right now!
              True, apparently I'm not trustworthy enough. Very frustrating, especially on weekends, when the spam attacks really heat up, and no one from the NSF works.

Comment

Looks like the forums are under attack again. They're posting so fast that, at some point when I get busy and can't check every 10 minutes, they'll have essentially shut things down. Sorry. I've sent emails to Joe, but don't think he checks stuff on weekends.

Comment

Thanks, Linda, for getting rid of all that spam. I know it takes up a lot of your time.
                  Be happy!
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

Thanks Linda for all you do
                    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Thanks for noticing.

Comment

Linda, so sorry you're having to spend so much time cleaning up spam. They're going nuts right now. Wish admin would allow you authority to block them. Thank you for all you do here. It IS appreciated!
                        Mom of 14yo son diagnosed Oct 2011
                        Surgery 1/3/12 w Dr. Geof Cronen,
                        Tampa General Hospital T3 to L1
                        Jacob's pre surg curves: T58 & L31 12/28/11
                        photos & xrays in "First-Time Surgery" thread "Before & After"

Comment

I am thinking of Monty Python, looking at the board this morning..spam, spam, spam and spam! Yikes!

Thanks for all your hard work, Linda.
                          Stephanie, age 56
                          Diagnosed age 8
                          Milwaukee brace 9 years, no further treatment, symptom free and clueless until my 40s that curves could progress.
                          Thoracolumbar curve 39 degrees at age 17
                          Now somewhere around 58 degrees thoracic, 70 degrees thoracolumbar
                          Surgeon Dr. Michael S. O'Brien, Baylor's Southwest Scoliosis Center, Dallas TX
                          Bilateral laminectomies at L3 to L4, L4 to L5 and L5 to S1 on April 4, 2012
                          Foramenotomies L3 through S1 in August 2014

Comment

Spammers seem to be targeting scoliosis forums for some reason. I stumbled upon another scoliosis forum (SSO, I believe) and they have tightened their security to keep them out. It seems to be working, as I didn't see any spam there. I'm not a member of that forum, this one is enough, but they tightened the registration process and something to do with the response e-mail that you have to reply to in order to get accepted. I'm wondering if they are making the "person" answer a question or two. That would certainly keep out some of the computer generated stuff. Unfortunately for us, some of these people are getting sneaky and posting what appears to be a legitimate thread to start. So I'm wondering if some aren't paying people, or promising to pay, to set up accounts that let the malicious meddling in? I know there are bots out there, but can they be programmed to "personalize" stuff? Anyway, you all have a good morning!

P.S. I do belong to another forum on a different subject tht I seldom ever visit (years between posts). They aren't having spam for some reason. Hmmm? That's what leads me that they are targeting scoliosis sites.
                            Be happy!
                            but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                              Spammers seem to be targeting scoliosis forums for some reason. I stumbled upon another scoliosis forum (SSO, I believe) and they have tightened their security to keep them out. It seems to be working, as I didn't see any spam there. I'm not a member of that forum, this one is enough, but they tightened the registration process and something to do with the response e-mail that you have to reply to in order to get accepted. I'm wondering if they are making the "person" answer a question or two. That would certainly keep out some of the computer generated stuff. Unfortunately for us, some of these people are getting sneaky and posting what appears to be a legitimate thread to start. So I'm wondering if some aren't paying people, or promising to pay, to set up accounts that let the malicious meddling in? I know there are bots out there, but can they be programmed to "personalize" stuff? Anyway, you all have a good morning!

P.S. I do belong to another forum on a different subject tht I seldom ever visit (years between posts). They aren't having spam for some reason. Hmmm? That's what leads me that they are targeting scoliosis sites.
                              I'm fairly certain that Joe O'Brien, who administers all these things, does not read the forum on a regular basis, so information such as this should be sent to him in PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
                                True, apparently I'm not trustworthy enough. Very frustrating, especially on weekends, when the spam attacks really heat up, and no one from the NSF works.
                                It is not rocket surgery to figure out when spamming is occurring and by whom. Not allowing you to immediately delete or block those accounts is not reasonable given you would then be saving your own time and you are volunteering to moderate.
                                Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                                Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                                X