Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The spam is going on much longer than anticipated (Elias' says) b/c he and I were just talking about it. Doesn't anyone know about bots out there, and can help fix this problem.
    Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
    Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
    Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
    http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

there seems to be a few repeat offenders...2 or 3 "forum member"
      names keep popping up..often with a green symbol under their "forum name"...
      i do not know how they managed to join this forum under false pretenses...
      i wish there was a way to block their posts once everyone realizes that they
      are not scoli patients or anything near to that but simply disgusting spammers
      using a forum meant to help people with spinal problems....

i do not understand how any organization could possibly think ANYONE would buy
      anything they are selling or promoting once they try to use this forum for their
      own selfish greed....
      how stupid, selfish, greedy, deceitful....and what a waste of time!
      i take it that this spam is generated from some hackers' computers...?

jess
      Last edited by jrnyc; 10-04-2011, 12:40 AM.

Comment

New spam member today...

can tell by the nonsense name. Maybe can zap before it gets started?
        mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
        Providence night brace, increased to 35*
        Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
        14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
        11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
        Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
        latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
        currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

They've figured out a way to bypass the normal registration process, so there's currently no way to avoid having them register.
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

they have no right using a patient help forum to "point" to their
            websites...
            that IS advertising!!

jess

Comment

Just a reminder to folks to NOT click on any links in anything that appears to be spam. The same spammers appear to be coming back again and again, and I fear that is because they are tracking clicks. If no one clicks on links, there will be no benefit to spammers to continually posting.

Thanks!
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

this "annockams" group must be the worst of the spammers here...
                do they not recognize how alienating spam is to people on this forum...?
                do they believe they can sell anything this way???
                i don't get it....?

jess

Comment

Unfortunately, my hands are tied. I do not have the ability to delete or ban users, and I cannot remove posts when there are >50 (he's managed to post 180 over night). I've sent a message to the NSF, but I don't think they read email over the weekend. For the time being, I would recommend everyone refrain from posting, as your posts will surely get lost amongst all the crap.

Sorry.

Comment

Oh, and please, if you see this, don't report any more posts until we get annockams under control, as they are just filling my email.

Thanks.

Comment

Haven't reported any today. But will refrain in the future. Thanks for letting us know.
                      Be happy!
                      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                      but we are alive today!

Comment

It's OK to report them normally, but when there are a lot, it gets a little overwhelming. Thanks.

Comment

Holy crap -- three pages of spam this morning!!
                          Chris
                          A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                          Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                          Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                          Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Could this be a spambot?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spambot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_spam

Ed
                            49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                            Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                            ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                            Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

You know, I thought it was, but I'm not certain. It's got to be partially automated. Whatever it is was smart enough to figure out that I was not deleting messages as soon as they were posted after about 10PM every night.

Comment

I'm wondering if they damaged the program on the server. I can't block the spammers, or at least I can't block annockams. When I update the block list, it won't do it. If it does work, I find it unblocked the next day. It's getting very frustrating. I think that stupid green symbol has something malicious attached to it, as ALL of the spammers seem to have it. That is probably how they are getting into the system.
                                Last edited by rohrer01; 01-09-2012, 11:53 PM.
                                Be happy!
                                We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                                but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
                                X