Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I heard from my Surgeon!! (Dr. Perra) So scared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Doreen and all for support!!

I just have to say this is an amazing place to be when you are in the situation we all seem to be in(or have been in). Doreen, you are so helpful and full of knowledge about osteoporosis. I have found out something though, Drs. can really get their nose bent, if you start shooting information at them. It's an ego thing I guess. They're not all that way, but you have to be careful as to not overload them. But you know, how much time do they have to research things as to compared to us?
    I am suppose to read the info my Dr. gave me on Forteo and let her know today,(I already knew) and she'll call it in for me. And she wants to give me the shots at the clinic. Is she nuts! I am in no shape to be going to the clinic everyday for them to do the injection!! Anyway, I am going to have to have a talk with her.
    I am deteriating fast, so I hope this stuff works fast. I need this surgery soon. Hope everyone is hanging in there. It's a beautiful fall day in So. Dak. Wish I could be out there!
    Will keep you posted!! Hug to you all!! boomer(Linda)
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Originally posted by babyboomer16 View Post
      Hi, I have been following your quest for a better quality of life! You have been through so very much. Your posts have helped me and I'm sure many of us on here. You accually went through a 15 hr. surgery? I knew it was long, but I couldn't remember it being that long. When do you plan on moving back home to New Jersey,is it? I'll tell you, I have a terrible memory anymore.It's too many surgeries I think. My husband took me to Minnisota from So. Dak., and I was lucky I found an experienced surgeon that close, as I think my hubby of 32 yrs. is tired of the world of Drs. and all the hub bub that goes with it. He should be in my shoes! Truley, I feel good about this surgeon after the last two. He seems to have a good solid plan. Anyway, just hope you get to feeling better. You have come a long way, and it is too bad your having issues. Keep posting, as you give me courage to go on with this--as if I have a choice. Healing prayers for you~~boomer(Linda)
      Today is not a good day for me at all. I am in so much pain and I have much stress in my life about my daughter and the sale of my house. I cannot sit up at all without being in terrible pain. All I can do is lie down and while that helps, it does not take the pain away .It just reduces it somewhat. I am so sad that I am in pain , like this again, right after surgery. This is just like last year repeating itself. I read all the stories of people doing so well after surgery and here I am having a
      repeat of last year.
      Melissa
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
        Today is not a good day for me at all. I am in so much pain and I have much stress in my life about my daughter and the sale of my house. I cannot sit up at all without being in terrible pain. All I can do is lie down and while that helps, it does not take the pain away .It just reduces it somewhat. I am so sad that I am in pain , like this again, right after surgery. This is just like last year repeating itself. I read all the stories of people doing so well after surgery and here I am having a
        repeat of last year.
        Melissa
        Melissa, I am wondering if you are taking your pain meds? Do you feel like its muscle spasms? You said something about your muscles being tight. Did your Dr. prescribe a muscle relaxer? I don't want to be acting like I'm a Dr., but some of these things helped me. I take neurontin for nerve pain. But I also have fibromyalgia from the trauma of so many surgeries. It effects my central nervous system and can be very painful. I don't want you to give up. You are still standing straight, right? Please make sure you tell your Dr. about your discomfort. Were you on steroids for a few days? I know when they wear off, the pain comes back with vengence. I feel for you, as I know it scares you, but I just think some of us have more pain than others. Please try not to get discouraged. Did you start physical therapy? Maybe it's too soon. I hope you get some relief soon.
        Thinking of you~~boomer
        Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
        Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
        This started adult onset scoliosis
        July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
        Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
        Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
        May 30th 2013 revision
        May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
        May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Originally posted by babyboomer16 View Post
          Melissa, I am wondering if you are taking your pain meds? Do you feel like its muscle spasms? You said something about your muscles being tight. Did your Dr. prescribe a muscle relaxer? I don't want to be acting like I'm a Dr., but some of these things helped me. I take neurontin for nerve pain. But I also have fibromyalgia from the trauma of so many surgeries. It effects my central nervous system and can be very painful. I don't want you to give up. You are still standing straight, right? Please make sure you tell your Dr. about your discomfort. Were you on steroids for a few days? I know when they wear off, the pain comes back with vengence. I feel for you, as I know it scares you, but I just think some of us have more pain than others. Please try not to get discouraged. Did you start physical therapy? Maybe it's too soon. I hope you get some relief soon.
          Thinking of you~~boomer

Yes I am taking my pain meds and METHOCARBAM TAB 750MG is what I am taking for a muscle relaxer. I am on my second dose of steroids .I just want to be free of pain again like I was after my July surgery
          Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Working...
          X