Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just joined as in need of some support from people who have been through !!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined as in need of some support from people who have been through !!! :)

Hello, I was diagnosed with scoliosis about 6 months ago with a 33 degree curve. I chose to go for the back brace as i really didnt want surgery but i have recently found out that the brace isnt working as i have suddenly got worse and am going into an appointment soon to see how bad i have got....

I really dont want them to say that i dont have to have surgery but if they do i would like to know the truth before i go.....

Please could you answer honestly about any experiances that you have had during surgery. thanks a lot

Hello please dont just veiw please reply as this has had over 400 veiws and yet no one has replied! i just need your help ...
    Last edited by opp or brace; 09-21-2011, 03:42 PM.

I'd be willing to talk, if you want. Surgery really stinks, don't get me wrong.... but it's not the worst thing in the world. A brace doesn't always fix your curve. But if you had a 33 and it's a bit worse, I wouldn't worry... They only do surgery in the mid to upper 40's, at least, and that's only if you're in pain. Good luck!

Comment

Hi, If you need to have surgery then you should get it done. The surgery is not horrible .The pain can be controlled and then you will start feeling better and you can begin your new life , looking and feeling better. The people on the board are great . If you have questions, ask away and someone will answer you
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Working...
      X