Anesthesia and Dizziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anesthesia and Dizziness

As some of you know, I have been experiencing dizziness since my surgery last Friday. The dizziness has gotten worse today and now my vision is being affected.
    Has anyone else experienced anything like this after their surgery?

Melissa
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Yes. I had weeks of it, but it didn't start until I was about six weeks post op. I was given various reasons for it, including the antibiotics given during surgery, reducing my oxycontin, which I was doing at the time, ear problems (though my GP couldn't find any problem) It just eased off slowly. Occasionally, when I lie down at night, just for a couple of seconds, I feel dizzy again.

I've seen a few posts here about dizziness after surgery. Wish I could give you a definite answer. I'd be very interesed in what Dr. Bederman puts it down to. Hope it settles quickly, Melissa!
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Melissa,
      I have not had surgery, but I am on 450 mg of Lyrica a day and my last increase made my vision a little blurry until I got used to it, but that went away after a couple weeks. Hope you feel better.
      Lisa
      60 degree thorocolumbar curve beginning at T12
      58 years old

Comment

Originally posted by lisazena View Post
        Melissa,
        I have not had surgery, but I am on 450 mg of Lyrica a day and my last increase made my vision a little blurry until I got used to it, but that went away after a couple weeks. Hope you feel better.
        Lisa
        I have been on Lyrica 450 mgs for quite a while . Maybe going up to 600 mgs made my eyes blurry . I will continue to take it and see what happens
        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Melissa,
          You have a lot else in play, but when my vision became blurry at 450 mg the doctor told me that didn't have to do with the Lyrica, but I asked a pharmacy professor and he told me that a Lyrica increase could cause blurry vision that usually goes away once you accommodate. When he told me this he looked it up in the literature.

Feel better.
          Lisa
          60 degree thorocolumbar curve beginning at T12
          58 years old

Comment

One person that I met on this Forum who turned out to live fairly near me and we got to meet each other had dizziness after her surgery and It was her ears. It was something about the crystals in the inner ear that were disrupted during surgery and I believe it was a Physical Therapist who helped fix her problem. I hope it goes away for you soon.
            Sally
            Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
            Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
            Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
            Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
            New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
            Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Interesting Sally. That's the first likely explanation I've had for the dizziness I had at the time. I will mention it to my GP.
              Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
              Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
              T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
              Osteotomies and Laminectomies
              Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
              X