Back pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back pain?

I had my surgery two years ago when I was 14. I relized that when storms or bad weather come i get really bad back aches. Does this happen for anyone else and if so what do you do to help the pain? I called my doctor and asked him about it and said its normal, but didn't give me any advice to help the pain.
    thankks!
    Jodi Lynn
    Milwaukee Brace from age 11-13
    Surgery June 30th (age 14)
    Now 16 and as happy as ever
    *Brace Yourself*

I have read about this many times on this forum. You are not alone. Ed always advocates a very hot soak in a tub.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Lower Back Pain

I Had my surgery 4 months before,but i have very severe pain in lower back.
      Does someone have same problem??
      I am more stronger than scoliosis. And I will not allow it to control my life.

Comment

Hi guys,

I have always sufffered more when the weather is cold or damp. I always make sure I am wrapped up as I notice when I get cold I tense up which causes more pain. I also use hot water bottles where ever I can. Hope you find it helps too.

Re, post op pain. You are only 4 mths post op. It may seem like your surgery was an age ago but it will take up to a year to recover from sure a huge surgery. It may be that you just need to slow down a little and the pain will lessen. Good Luck!
        27 yr old Female.
        Scoliosis since 12yrs, fusion to lower curve in 1998, costioplast 2001 and further corrective surgery 26 July 2012.
        Now the proud owner of a very straight spine. T1- L5 fusion.
        Mr Dunsmuir, Orthopaedic Surgeon, LGI Leeds.

Comment

Working...
        X