Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Question, Traveling with Misc Items

Hi Everyone,

I just realized I should probably pack my heating pad and tens unit when I head to St. Louis since they are part of my daily routine now. Will there be any issues taking these items through airport security? My endocrinologist just mailed me a letter explaining what the Forteo pen and needles are for so I can show to TSA.

Warmly,
    Doreen
    44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
    Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
    2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Doreen1 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I just realized I should probably pack my heating pad and tens unit when I head to St. Louis since they are part of my daily routine now. Will there be any issues taking these items through airport security? My endocrinologist just mailed me a letter explaining what the Forteo pen and needles are for so I can show to TSA.

Warmly,
    Doreen
    I wouldn't try to carry them on if I were you. First, it's not likely you'll need them on the plane, and they're not likely to get stolen.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi Linda,

We only do carry on luggage when we fly (too many issues with lost luggage). My concern is to have the heating pad/tens for the afternoon time while we are in St. Louis. I don't plan to use them while I'm on the plane, but I am a little concerned that TSA won't allow them as carry on and I don't want them confiscated. I finally found on TSA website that tens is okay to bring on in my purse or carry on, but I still can't find info on a heating pad.

Warmly,
      Doreen
      44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
      Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
      2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Buy a heating pad when you get to St Louis

Melissa
        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Working...
        X