No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAY, party at Melissa's house! Just kidding. Congrats!
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

• congratulations, Melissa!
      really...so happy for you!

jess

Comment

• Melissa--
        That's wonderful! So happy for you. Janet
        Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
        Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
        Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
        Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
        T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• Yay for you! I bet you will start to feel a little better when you are all settled. Just make sure you get someone to do the actual moving for you!!

Smile,
          Evelyn
          age 48
          80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
          Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
          Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
          Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
          Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

• Yes I will feel better when I am in my own home . I met today with the guy who is redoing teh kitchen. Now it seems real!

I had a great PT session today over 2 hours. Now my right hip is so sore. I hope that the injection helps
            Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Glad you've got something really exciting to look forward to Melissa! I bet it will do you the world of good.
              Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
              Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
              T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
              Osteotomies and Laminectomies
              Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                Glad you've got something really exciting to look forward to Melissa! I bet it will do you the world of good.
                Thanks Jennifer. I am looking forward to being in my own place again just not the unpacking
                Melissa

Comment

• Bad news! I am, most likely , not going to have my shoulder surgery April 9th. As my MIL and my DD can not spare any time to come and help me, I do not see how I can have the surgery then. I will put it off until June when my son is out of school for the summer
                  Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                    Bad news! I am, most likely , not going to have my shoulder surgery April 9th. As my MIL and my DD can not spare any time to come and help me, I do not see how I can have the surgery then. I will put it off until June when my son is out of school for the summer
                    That's too bad. But it may be a blessing in disguise. It might just give you some time to work on pain management for the pain you have now. Shoulder surgery is hard, and I think you are wise to put it off. I know we want to get everything out of the way. But really, our bodies can only handle so much at a time. You have been through so much in a very short amount of time. I'm really afraid that you are going through so much that you are going to get sick. You don't need that, too. I would just use this time to focus on you and not worry about the shoulder surgery. I'm sure your son will take good care of you when it's time! (((hugs)))
                    Be happy!
                    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                    but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                      That's too bad. But it may be a blessing in disguise. It might just give you some time to work on pain management for the pain you have now. Shoulder surgery is hard, and I think you are wise to put it off. I know we want to get everything out of the way. But really, our bodies can only handle so much at a time. You have been through so much in a very short amount of time. I'm really afraid that you are going through so much that you are going to get sick. You don't need that, too. I would just use this time to focus on you and not worry about the shoulder surgery. I'm sure your son will take good care of you when it's time! (((hugs)))
                      Melissa...

Totally agree. Especiall in regard to your fibromyalgia. Probably a good idea to recover as much as possible. You'll also have the move to deal with. Hang in there.

Regards,
                      Linda
                      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Good luck with the house Melissa. Hang in there, you'll get your surgery eventually. Summer will be here before we know it.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

• Congratulations on the house! And I agree with the previous posts about delaying your shoulder surgery as it may be a "blessing in disguise." You have been thru so much physically & emotionally and although you might just want to get everything over and done with, it'll be good to have some time to enjoy your new house and make it your own before surgery so that ours as comfortable as possible when you get home. And now you have to figure out where you'll put those comfy recliner chairs you got!! And sore is good...as i hips after PT...pain is not!! Glad you had a good workout
                          1993/1995: PSF w/ Harrington rods T3-L4
                          Jan. 24, 2012: ALIF of L4-L5, L5-S1 w/ cage spacer and BMP
                          Jan. 31, 2012: PLIF of L1-S1 w/ pelvic anchors
                          Scheduled Nov.15, 2012: Fusion T2-S1 w/ pelvic anchors to fix T12 fracture
                          http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ot/myback2.jpg - BEFORE
                          http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT2342x406.jpg - AFTER
                          http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT1410x229.jpg - AFTER
                          www.jerseyot.blogspot.com

Comment

• Congrats Melissa!! All I can do is second the prior few comments - one thing at a time. Were you able to do those stretches - did they help at all?
                            Mom of 14yo son diagnosed Oct 2011
                            Surgery 1/3/12 w Dr. Geof Cronen,
                            Tampa General Hospital T3 to L1
                            Jacob's pre surg curves: T58 & L31 12/28/11
                            photos & xrays in "First-Time Surgery" thread "Before & After"

Comment

• wishing you many happy years in your new home, Melissa

jess

Comment

• Melissa--
                                I second, third, or fourth it, whatever we are up to. That sounded to me like way too much in a short time. Take advantage of it as a time to rest and heal! Janet
                                Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                                Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                                Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                                Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                                T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Working...
                                X