Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
    Yes I know. Saturday I overdid it and paid for it yesterday
    Isn't that funny how we use the term, "I paid for it"? I use it, too. But what are we paying for? It kind of makes it sound like we deserve the suffering we get when we overdo things. I know we have to respect our limitations, but we don't deserve it. I don't know why I even bring this up. I guess because, at least when I say it, I'm implying that I deserve my pain, which really isn't true. It's a mindset we get ourselves into.

I'm really happy you found a house. It's so much nicer when you have a place to call home. Take care, I'm thinking about you! (((hugs)))
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
      Isn't that funny how we use the term, "I paid for it"? I use it, too. But what are we paying for? It kind of makes it sound like we deserve the suffering we get when we overdo things. I know we have to respect our limitations, but we don't deserve it. I don't know why I even bring this up. I guess because, at least when I say it, I'm implying that I deserve my pain, which really isn't true. It's a mindset we get ourselves into.

I'm really happy you found a house. It's so much nicer when you have a place to call home. Take care, I'm thinking about you! (((hugs)))
      You are so right about the expression. What does that really mean?

I am happy about the house as well.It will be nice to have my own things
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• I know now that some of my pain is definitely related to stress. After everyone left last week, I was feeling better. Now, my husband has informed me that he hates his job and doesn't know if he wants to stay here in CA. I told him that I do not care what he does but I am not leaving CA until my son graduates HS in 3 years.My pain is back up to where it was last week.
        Melissa

Comment

• Why would he do that to you right now! Sometimes I just think the male species doesn't THINK. Sorry to all of you guys out there.
          Be happy!
          but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
            Why would he do that to you right now! Sometimes I just think the male species doesn't THINK. Sorry to all of you guys out there.
            Because he is a self centered person. He has been that way our entire marriage but I am really get sick of it now
            Melissa

Comment

• Well, I saw Dr Gupta and loved him. He was wonderful . Anyway , he will do my shoulder surgery .I just have to call and set it up. It will be one night in the hospital.Then I wait for 2 weeks and then start aggressive PT, at least 2X a week. He wants 3X a week. I have to call BCBS and see how many visits I have left. Then we talk about my left shoulder. He agrees to give me a an injection and while, we are talking and making me laugh, he does the injection .I really do not even feel it as opposed to the one I received in my right shoulder. Then my friend and I leave and have lunch and head to the airport to pick up her MIL. While we are waiting at the curbside, a old man runs into the car. Her car is not damaged but I am in so much pain . I call Dr Bederman and he wants me to come back to the E/R and get checked out. So my husband comes and picks me up and takes me to the E/R where we spend the next 5 hours .But they gave me some really good meds that for the first time in a very long while, I actually feel good. So they tell me that everything looks good and finally send us on our way.
              Melissa

Comment

• Unbelievable bad luck about the car accident, but if it leads you to a painkiller that works for you, halelujah!

I hope you have the name of it. We are all so different and drugs work differently in us all.

Just feeling good, (painfree) may help settle your fibro a little?
                Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                  Unbelievable bad luck about the car accident, but if it leads you to a painkiller that works for you, halelujah!

I hope you have the name of it. We are all so different and drugs work differently in us all.

Just feeling good, (painfree) may help settle your fibro a little?
                  Unfortunately, the drug that works is only available via injection. On 2/27, I am meeting with Pain Management Doctor so he will help me because he can give me drugs and treatments that Dr Bederman can't . I am back to being in pain except for my left shoulder which the injection helped
                  Melissa

Comment

• Oh dear...

Just over a week until you see the pain doctor. I do hope he can help. Meantime, glad at least, that this latest injection has worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                      Oh dear...

Just over a week until you see the pain doctor. I do hope he can help. Meantime, glad at least, that this latest injection has worked.
                      At least my shoulder is better and I have the hope of the other getting better as well
                      Melissa

Comment

• hi Melissa
                        the really good pain docs i've met seem to see pain as a challenge, and are almost offended
                        by pain.....then they are determined to make the pain go away....
                        temporarily or permanently...
                        believe me, when they can accomplish it, it is such a blessing!

i'm so sorry you are hurting...i hope this pain doc you will be seeing is one of the deternined types!

jess

Comment

• Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
                          hi Melissa
                          the really good pain docs i've met seem to see pain as a challenge, and are almost offended
                          by pain.....then they are determined to make the pain go away....
                          temporarily or permanently...
                          believe me, when they can accomplish it, it is such a blessing!

i'm so sorry you are hurting...i hope this pain doc you will be seeing is one of the deternined types!

jess
                          Another one of Dr Bederman's patients , who has turned into my friend has seen him and said that he is very good. SO now I am just counting the days
                          Melissa

Comment

• My left shoulder is feeling really good, so I hope it continues
                            Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                              My left shoulder is feeling really good, so I hope it continues
                              Isn't it nice to be able to post "good news" for a change! I hope you continue to feel better.
                              Be happy!
                              but we are alive today!

Comment

• Good news, Melissa!

Comment

Working...
                                X