September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
    You will be sad to see Dr. Bederman go, just the same. It sounds like he was your greatest support and he appeared on the scene just at the right time. Hopefully, you'll never need another spinal surgery.
    If I do, he will be in TX. It is just a short plane ride away.

Melissa
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Glad he won't be out of reach, Melissa.

I hope you are still getting some relief from the injections.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• I had a trial right knee injection yesterday and it really helped so that was really good news. I am ,also, having a Spinal Cord Stimulation trial as well. I am hopeful that will give me pain relief . Pain Management is giving me a new look on life.
        Melissa

Comment

• Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you Melissa. Let us know how you go. I'm so glad you're getting some relief at last.

Comment

• Melissa

I hope that you get relief from the stim trial....

I don’t remember reading about any members here doing this......You could be the first, please let us know how this works out.

Ed
            49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
            Pre surgery curves T70,L70
            ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
            Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

• Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
              Melissa

I hope that you get relief from the stim trial....

I don’t remember reading about any members here doing this......You could be the first, please let us know how this works out.

Ed
              I certainly will keep the forum informed. I do not want to take drugs anymore.
              Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                I certainly will keep the forum informed. I do not want to take drugs anymore.
                You are trying something different for pain? I would like to know how it works for you. Although I don't tell anyone how to take care of their pain, I am always interested in other means of pain control. I am, of course, taking pain medication now, but that is so I can walk and do just basic things, as the pain is debilitating. I am standing up straighter than before my surgery, but unfortunately, I have lots of other issues. You hang in there Melissa! You deserve to have a good quality of life.
                Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                This started adult onset scoliosis
                July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                May 30th 2013 revision
                May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

• I underwent psychological testing today to determine if I can have the Spinal Cord Stimulator. I will find out tomorrow. My psychiatrist will call me with the results. I certainly hope that I qualify . I really want to try it. I know that it does not work on everyone but I really want to give it a chance. I have been having injections from pain management . I had a temporary one in my knee ( the one that I am waiting for a knee replacement ) . It really felt great for several hours which means that the real one will work . I am having that done on Wednesday . The following Wednesday, based on today's testing, I am scheduled for the trial of the Spinal Cord Stimulator. That is done as outpatient surgery. If it works, then I can have the real one implanted as inpatient surgery. In addition, I have had trigger point injections in my back and neck. They really help me relieve my pain.

Besides the injections, hot showers and changing positions help me with my pain a lot.

Feel free to ask questions
                  Melissa

Comment

• Keep us informed! So glad that there's a real chance of reducing your pain, Melissa.

Comment

• Well, I got great news today. My psychologist called me and told me that I passed with flying colors . So on July 8th , I will have the Spinal Cord Stimulator trial. If it works and helps with my pain and I certainly hopes it does then a date will be scheduled for the real and permanent one.

Thanks all for being my cheering section. I always know that when I am down I can come here and read the encouraging messages that have been posted.

if you are the praying type, please do so

Melissa
                      Melissa

Comment

• I'm cheering for you, Melissa! Yeah!
                        Peg
                        61 yrs old
                        75 degree lumbar curve with thoracic kyphosis
                        T3 - S1 surgery with Dr. Buchowski in St. Louis, on 10/27/14
                        Working on healing in Columbus, Ohio!

Comment

• Melissa, I hope that the spinal cord stimulator is your answer!

With my current diagnosis of spinal instrumentation infection, and thus my radar scanner is always in the up position.....at your last surgery, did you have cultures done?

Susan
                          Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                          2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                          2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                          2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                          2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                          2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• Cheering long and loud for you here, Melissa!

Comment

• Yes they have done cultures at every surgery that I have had done.

Melissa
                              Melissa

Comment

• Wish me well. I am having my first spine stimulator trial tomorrow.

I so hope that it works and that I get pain relief.
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X