September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
    Today we had some good news. Allyson is going to be allowed to supply Yaffa with breast milk. My husband and I were given Wednesday visits with Yaffa. So we will get to see her for the first time in about 3 weeks. Finally a case worker is coming over to our home Wednesday to check out the house and me to see if she can place Yaffa here.

Things are looking up. I do have a question. As most of you know, I am fused from C2 to pelvis. Any hints on how to get down to be on the floor with the baby.

Thanks in advance
    Melissa,
    It sounds like things are looking up with regards to Yaffa. Perhaps the social worker will understand that your husband can pick up some of the slack as far as playtime on the floor with Yaffa. You are able to do other things and hopefully after your surgery for your broken rod will be able to do more. I can't imagine being fused from top to bottom, but I'm sure you will find a way to play with Yaffa. I used to put my grandson on my feet and hold his hands while is swung him with my feet. Another thing is, if your bed is big enough, you can have your "floor" time with her on the bed. I've done that, too. Of course, you have to make sure they don't get away from you and fall. That NEVER happened with me and my grandson and we had a double bed at the time. You will figure it out. Love always finds a way. It just might not be the conventional way.

Be happy!
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
      I do not feel as I need to be here any longer. When and if I have any more surgery I will be back

Melissa
      Aren't you have surgery for a broken rod next month?
      Is your feeling to leave the forum brought on by the need to move on and live life?
      I don't come here as often. I pop in once in awhile but haven't commented hardly at all.
      I felt like maybe it made me dwell too much on what was going on. I'm always at the doctor or hospital for this or that it seems anyway.
      It's nice to take a break from something once in awhile. Although I miss all you guys!

Take care and share if you feel up to it. We don't stop thinking about each other when we quit posting so often. At least I don't.
      I hope you are able to start enjoying life and enjoying that baby granddaughter of yours!

(((HUGS)))
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
        Aren't you have surgery for a broken rod next month?
        Is your feeling to leave the forum brought on by the need to move on and live life?
        I don't come here as often. I pop in once in awhile but haven't commented hardly at all.
        I felt like maybe it made me dwell too much on what was going on. I'm always at the doctor or hospital for this or that it seems anyway.
        It's nice to take a break from something once in awhile. Although I miss all you guys!

Take care and share if you feel up to it. We don't stop thinking about each other when we quit posting so often. At least I don't.
        I hope you are able to start enjoying life and enjoying that baby granddaughter of yours!

(((HUGS)))
        Hi, I was scheduled July 10th to have my right knee replaced and September 28th to have my broken rod replaced. However, with my granddaughter's situation and my husband and myself trying to get custody of her, I could not have my knee replaced last month. If we lose at the trial at the end of this month and the baby does not come to us, then I will have my broken rod surgery at the end of next month.

thank you and everyone else for thinking of me

Melissa
        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Wish me well

I am off to UCI to see my Hand surgeon. The pain that I have is the same if not worse than the pain that I had before surgery. With my left hand carpel tunnel surgery, within 2 weeks I had completely forgotten that I had surgery. My recovery was that easy and pain free.

I thank everyone who has PM me

Melissa
          Melissa

Comment

• Good luck Melissa. Thinking of you and wishing you well, always.
            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Melissa--
              Same here--very best of luck with surgery in September, right? I sure hope this one works for you and things work out better with the family issues. Many prayers! Janet
              Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
              Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
              Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
              Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
              T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• As most of you know, I am not having any surgery until it is decided where my granddaughter will live. If not with me, then I will have one surgery; either my right knee replacement or my left side broken rod.

When they thought that I had MS, I had a brain MRI done. They saw some lesions near where the eyes see.I had a biopsy done last week where the lesions are. I will find out in about 10 days what they have found.

Isn't life grand???
                Last edited by mabeckoff; 09-22-2014, 02:11 AM.
                Melissa

Comment

• Be strong Melissa. I'm not a praying person however, I'm thinking of you and wishing the very best for you. The bad news must surely stop coming, soon. You've already had more than a life-time's share. Let us know the news, whatever it is. There are so many of us here barracking for you. *hugs*

Comment

• Thanks Jennifer and everyone else who has been PMing me

Melissa
                    Melissa

Comment

• Melissa I hope all goes well with your granddaughter. They are so special. Those babies help us forget our own problems. We are all wishing you well.
                      T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                      C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                      T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                      C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                      Right scapulectomy 6/15
                      Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                      To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                      Broken neck 9/28/2018
                      Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                      Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                      Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                      Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                      Osteotomy

Comment

• Melissa--
                        I sure hope the granddaughter gets to come be with you! Also hope you found out about the lesions and that was OK. You have had enough. You have lots of people praying and hoping for the best. Janet
                        Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                        Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                        Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                        Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                        T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• Well, life stinks. Tomorrow we have a visit to say good bye to Yaffa. I was a grandmother and now it is over. She will be living in NC with David. He has 100 % custody so he makes all of the decisions. He can change her name . So I will be a grandma for one more day.

Melissa
                          Melissa

Comment

• No access for the grandparents? I'm so very sorry Melissa. I agree, life stinks at times.

Comment

• I'm so very sorry also, Melissa. Will there be no chance for any communication at all? Are all ties severed? You may need some grief counseling if it gets to be too much for you. That is quite a terrible blow. Again, my sorrow at the loss from your life of your precious granddaughter.
                              71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                              2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                              5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                              Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                              CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                              10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

• We live in CA. The baby will live in NC. We have 6 hours a month visitation in NC. I do not have the money to go to NC for 6 hours.
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X