September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another surgery~~~

Melissa, I just saw you are through with the carpal tunnel surgery. You remind me so much of myself. I just can't seem to get to the point there isn't one more surgery. You have such a determined attitude. I guess we have to do what we have to do. I am having a hysterectomy Aug. 5th.. And then foot surgery. I had my gall bladder removed two months after my surgery on my spine. So what is it with us?(smiles)Does your family support you? I know you said your Daughter is leaving. That just leaves your husband.right? Hope you have lots of help. And hope you get through these surgeries with flying colors!!! God Bless~~~Sending healing vibes your way!!! Linda
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

• For some reason your posts have not been coming up when I log on. Glad to see you've got another surgery over and done with. I hope the pain has eased. I hope life apart from medical stuff is going better too.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
        For some reason your posts have not been coming up when I log on. Glad to see you've got another surgery over and done with. I hope the pain has eased. I hope life apart from medical stuff is going better too.
        Life apart from medical stuff is not going well at all. First, my daughter who is 21 years old and autistic. She told us several weeks ago that she is leaving us July 10th.2014. She is moving to IL to live with someone she has met on FB. She is moving into this families home. They are willing to pay her expenses for living for 3 month and then they will find her a job . The church that they attend takes in single homeless moms with children and get them on their feet.She says that Southern CA is too expensive for her to live in and be on her own. It was one thing to be running away when it was just her but now she has a child to think of Second, my brothers trial ended with us owing him $107,000 .my lawyer is looking into a payment plan . We shall see how this works out . Finally my husband has really gone over the deep end, So my life is not going well at all. Thanks for asking

I have scheduled my knee replacement surgery for the day after my daughter leaves. This way I will not be home without her right away

Melissa
        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
          Life apart from medical stuff is not going well at all. First, my daughter who is 21 years old and autistic. She told us several weeks ago that she is leaving us July 10th.2014. She is moving to IL to live with someone she has met on FB. She is moving into this families home. They are willing to pay her expenses for living for 3 month and then they will find her a job . The church that they attend takes in single homeless moms with children and get them on their feet.She says that Southern CA is too expensive for her to live in and be on her own. It was one thing to be running away when it was just her but now she has a child to think of Second, my brothers trial ended with us owing him $107,000 .my lawyer is looking into a payment plan . We shall see how this works out . Finally my husband has really gone over the deep end, So my life is not going well at all. Thanks for asking

I have scheduled my knee replacement surgery for the day after my daughter leaves. This way I will not be home without her right away

Melissa
          Melissa, I just logged on and am sorry to hear that you're having so many stressful issues.
          Like I have said before, I don't know where you draw your strength from, but it seems to to get you through some pretty tough times. It's hard enough to get through these surgeries, let alone deal with other issues that cause stress in your life.
          You stay strong. Rest and remember to listen to your body~~it can tell you a lot as far as keeping from overdoing it physically and mentally. But I'm sure you know that. Again, wish things were going better for you right now, and you had more family support. I pray things get better for you. Linda
          Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
          May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

• I'm so sorry that times continue to be so difficult for you. I had a daughter who took off in her teens and it broke my heart. I thought life would never be the same again. When she came home eventually, I was thrilled and relieved but she was hard to get on with and life was very stressful. She simply took some time to grow up. When she left again, I told myself she wouldn't be invited back again, that she needed to stand on her own two feet and I needed to get on with my life. I remembered when she was born, the mother of a friend looked at this beautiful baby of mine and said, "Remember, they're only lent to you." I had no idea what she meant at the time but I never forgot it. So, I stuck to that decision and now she's in her early thirties and she did finally grow up, and she blossomed into a lovely young woman with her head screwed on and a loving, caring heart. And we have a very close relationship. Distance, sometimes, is a good thing. At least until you're both on the same page. The best thing you can do for yourself is treat her like an adult, one that can make her own decisions and will take care of her daughter. It will be hard for a while, as you come to terms that you can't oversee those early years of your granddaughter. You will gradually form some trust that she can do it. Then you can think of yourself and your husband. You're being torn apart, have been for years. But for many of us, the best years of our lives are when our kids grow up and leave home. I hope that this turns into a plus for you, as opposed to a minus, which it must seem at the present time. Thinking of you and wishing you the strength to turn this minus into a plus.
            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• thinking of you and wishing you the strength to turn this minus into a plus. Thank you Jennifer

Well, it appears that 2014 is not going to be any different and any other year. I need to have spinal surgery as well as knee replacement surgery. Yesterday, I went to Dr Bederman and he showed me the results of the mylegram. I do have a broken rod and the SI joints are not fused. So Dr Bederman and my hip doctor are discussing today what I should have done first.
              Melissa

Comment

• Well, it seems as if the decision has been made for me . Dr Bederman is booking surgery now for late August/beginning September. So I am going to keep my July 10th appt for my right knee replacement. . Then at the end of September/ Beginning October I will have Dr Bederman fix my back

Melissa
                Melissa

Comment

• Melissa....all the decision about your medical care are yours
                  to make...i do not quite understand what that means...
                  that the decision was made for you....
                  are you talking about Dr Bederman's schedule?

jess
                  and Sparky

Comment

• Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
                    Melissa....all the decision about your medical care are yours
                    to make...i do not quite understand what that means...
                    that the decision was made for you....
                    are you talking about Dr Bederman's schedule?

jess
                    and Sparky
                    Yes that is what I mean .The decision is totally up to me. However,With the fact that Dr Bederman's schedule is booking mid August to early September I do not want to wait that long for surgery?
                    Melissa

Comment

• hi melissa,

i'm so sorry to read you need revision surgery! i very much hope this will give you pain relief. it sounds like that might have been the cause of much of your discomfort in that area.

-spring
                      Surgery Jan 6, 2014 at 38 yrs
                      Posterior Fusion T10-L4, osteotomy 1 lev.
                      Pre op-Thoracolumbar Curve-50 degrees

Comment

• Originally posted by springchicken View Post
                        hi melissa,

i'm so sorry to read you need revision surgery! i very much hope this will give you pain relief. it sounds like that might have been the cause of much of your discomfort in that area.

-spring
                        Thank you. I certainty hope that this surgery does relieve the majority of my pain
                        Melissa

Comment

• I have booked September 29 with Dr Bederman to fix my back
                          Melissa

Comment

• Where is the broken rod? I had surgery for a broken rod a year ago. Dr. Lenke took everything out from top to bottom and redid the whole thing. But we're all different. My rod was fractured way down in the sacrum area. I wish you the best as you go forward with these surgeries. Life can get pretty crazy~~ but you know that if anyone does. Hang in there~~ Linda
                            May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

• Originally posted by babyboomer16 View Post
                              Where is the broken rod? I had surgery for a broken rod a year ago. Dr. Lenke took everything out from top to bottom and redid the whole thing. But we're all different. My rod was fractured way down in the sacrum area. I wish you the best as you go forward with these surgeries. Life can get pretty crazy~~ but you know that if anyone does. Hang in there~~ Linda
                              Thank you Linda. My broken rod is also down in sacrum area. My SI joints are in need of help as well
                              Melissa

Comment

• prayers

oh my- I am so very sorry to read about all this- especially the knee replacement AND the broken rod!! I am sending prayers. and I thnk perhaps now there is hope.... at least now- you have hope of lessening the pain and actually having a recovery in the fall. God bless you & sustain you Jamie in TX
                                57 years old.
                                thoracic curve 68 degrees
                                lumbar-sacral curve +/- 41 degrees
                                Cspine C3- C7 fusion Nov. 2011 <done! success!!>, then scoli surgery T2- L4 or maybe to sacrum.
                                Discogram/ myelogram pending. Surgery to be scheduled, maybe fall 2015. <scared but I know this is not going to get better>
                                THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR SHARING EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE!

Comment

Working...
                                X