No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am shocked and appalled that a Judge would say such a thing. "Be here or you lose the case?" What? How is that justice?

But if you think you can manage it and I know you desperately want this behind you, then I truly wish you well. Is there anybody who could go with you other than your husband, since it's jeopardising his job? Could you hire a nurse?

Plan something nice for a late Mothers' Day for you and your daughter when you come back. Even if it's just a picnic at the park, as a family.

Sending very best wishes and the best of luck with the case. Let us know how you go.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
      I am shocked and appalled that a Judge would say such a thing. "Be here or you lose the case?" What? How is that justice?
      I think Melissa mentioned she has had several postponements granted in the past. You don't get an unlimited number of postponements... how would that be justice to the other party?
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        I think Melissa mentioned she has had several postponements granted in the past. You don't get an unlimited number of postponements... how would that be justice to the other party?

So I should go and fall asleep in a wheelchair? I am very sorry that my health is such a problem for my brother

My husband has to come because my brother has called him as a witness

Thanks Jennifer for the good wishes
        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
          So I should go and fall asleep in a wheelchair? I am very sorry that my health is such a problem for my brother

My husband has to come because my brother has called him as a witness

Thanks Jennifer for the good wishes
          If your husband has been called as a witness, then he can't be fired. So there is one stressor down.
          Your husband is coming with you. That is two stressors down.
          Have a good time with your husband.

Do not pull any melodramatic stunts like falling asleep in a wheelchair. That would go against you.
          I'm sure you'll be plenty alert to hear all that is being said.
          If you appear incompetent that won't be to your advantage so my best suggestion is to pull it together with all your might for that hearing.
          Let loose AFTER it's done. Go to dinner with your husband or do something relaxing that you enjoy.
          Be happy!
          We don't know what tomorrow brings,
          but we are alive today!

Comment

No but you have had a lot of surgeries and it may seem to the judge like you are having them to avoid the trial as crazy as that is. Who knows what these judges think?

How many postponements have you gotten to date for nay reason?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
              I don't know how the law works in the US, obviously. But I would have thought that if the postponements were for genuine reasons (and I think they're backed up with letters from surgeons in Melissa's case) then justice is only served by postponement until a proper judgement can be made from all parties' input.

The video conferencing option and the interview in person option appears to be ignored in this case. Common sense gone out the window?

But I know the world doesn't always work fairly.
              Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
              Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
              T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
              Osteotomies and Laminectomies
              Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                I don't know how the law works in the US, obviously. But I would have thought that if the postponements were for genuine reasons (and I think they're backed up with letters from surgeons in Melissa's case) then justice is only served by postponement until a proper judgement can be made from all parties' input.

The video conferencing option and the interview in person option appears to be ignored in this case. Common sense gone out the window?

But I know the world doesn't always work fairly.
                Yes but I don't think any surgeon would claim any of these are emergency surgeries. They are scheduled way in advance and could have been scheduled around the trial dates. It certainly might appear that these surgeries are being scheduled to avoid trial. I am just suggesting that is what the judge might be thinking. I have no idea what he is thinking but this certainly seems plausible.

No judge is going to grant an infinite number of postponements in any case and this might look like there is no end to the surgeries. Who knows.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• The last two postponements were from my brother's lawyer . He called the court on a Thursday, before the Monday court date, and asked for a postponement becasue he had another case to do. The judge granted these two , even though we had airline tickets already
                  Melissa

Comment

• [QUOTE=
                    Do not pull any melodramatic stunts like falling asleep in a wheelchair. That would go against you.
                    If you appear incompetent that won't be to your advantage so my best suggestion is to pull it together with all your might for that hearing.
                    Let loose AFTER it's done. Go to dinner with your husband or do something relaxing that you enjoy.[/QUOTE]

I nap every day because of my fibromaylgia. Most of my pain meds knock me out and there is no way that I can forgo taking them.

Melissa
                    Melissa

Comment

The last two postponements were from my brother's lawyer . He called the court on a Thursday, before the Monday court date, and asked for a postponement becasue he had another case to do. The judge granted these two , even though we had airline tickets already
                      Oh wow. That's crazy.

How many postponements total have there been? Have you been granted many more than your brother has?

I'm trying to figure out why the judge would not give you a postponement.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• I do not know who many postponements there have been. Several were becasue I was in the hospital recuperating from surgery.
                        Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                          Let loose AFTER it's done. Go to dinner with your husband or do something relaxing that you enjoy.
                          I totally agree. Judges are pretty good at figuring out when someone is being dramatic or is not being completely truthful. Once they get in that mode, I think they often stop cutting the person any breaks. Go, be honest, get it over with. It will be good to have it behind you.

--Linda
                          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• I was at UCI today and saw both Dr Schwarzkopf and Dr Bederman. My right knee is really very bad as it is bone on bone. I questioned Dr Schwarzkopf about how he would do my knee replacement as my femur is encased with metal screws. He explained to me how he would do the surgery and said that this would go smoother than the hip surgeries. He did agree that it was his fault that my hip kept popping out.

Then I saw Dr Bederman. From the xrays, he sees that my SI joints do not look fused and could be the cause of my lower back pain. When I get back from NJ, he i sending me for a CT mylegram to give him more information.

I did book a date for my right knee but if my SI joints are a problem, I would do that surgery first.

I have now lost over 60 pounds since 1/1/14. I weighed 208 lbs and now I weigh about 136. I am not on a diet and I am trying so hard to find a answer
                            Melissa

Comment

• Melissa

I agree with Linda, you have to get this court stuff behind you. Its been dragging on for quite some time.

The resulting stress is just not worth it....

Take all your x-rays.....the whole body.

Ed
                              49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                              Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                              ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                              Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

I was at UCI today and saw both Dr Schwarzkopf and Dr Bederman. My right knee is really very bad as it is bone on bone. I questioned Dr Schwarzkopf about how he would do my knee replacement as my femur is encased with metal screws. He explained to me how he would do the surgery and said that this would go smoother than the hip surgeries. He did agree that it was his fault that my hip kept popping out.

Then I saw Dr Bederman. From the xrays, he sees that my SI joints do not look fused and could be the cause of my lower back pain. When I get back from NJ, he i sending me for a CT mylegram to give him more information.

I did book a date for my right knee but if my SI joints are a problem, I would do that surgery first.

I have now lost over 60 pounds since 1/1/14. I weighed 208 lbs and now I weigh about 136. I am not on a diet and I am trying so hard to find a answer
                                Melissa...

I hate to add to your stress, but I think you need to be concerned about the number of xrays and CT scans you've had. I think you should, at least, mention the issue to your primary care physician. You've probably had at least 2-3 times more radiation than any of the rest of us.

--Linda
                                Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                                Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
                                X